Non O Work permit and stamp validity... ? Urgent... !

I have originally arrived on a Non O multiple entry and already done one extension of stay at the cambodia border to have enough time for obtaining a work permit.

I now have my work permit from my employer but am unsure what to do about my valid stay.

Is it automatically extended to the end date of my visa (One year) and i no longer need to go in and out to get a new stamp.

Is there something else i need to do to extend my last star that expires soon... ??

Getting a work permit does not extend yout stay. You have to apply for an extension at immigration or leave the country to get a new 90 entry (it is not an extension).

What is your non-o visa based upon?

More info on what you are doing here would help?

A multiple entry visa only permits 90 day stays ie you HAVE to leave the country every 90 days in order to get a new permission to stay(it is not an extension)

There are no "automatic extensions"

Extensions of stay have to be applied for, with supporting paperwork, work permit and tax receipts, at an immigration office.

Ok, Non-O based on marriage that expires in April of 2016.

Work permit for teaching at a private school with valid until September 2016.

I do not have tax receipts and my school is now closed for break and my last stamp is valid until 16th of October.

Edited by moon47

Ok, Non-O based on marriage that expires in April of 2014.

Work permit for teaching at a private school with valid until September 2016.

I do not have tax receipts and my school is now closed for break and my last stamp is valid until 16th of October.

You have a massive overstay if the visa expired in 2014!

Assuming you still have a valid multi entry visa all that is required is a border run to secure another 90 day entry.

The work permit is not in any way linked to your visa or permission to saty

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for a fee of 1900 baht.

You could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. If your income is 40k baht or more when you have 2 or 3 months of tax payments to prove it you can apply for the extension. Or if you have 400k bath in a Thai bank.for 2 months.

Sorry, I don't get it.

Your visa was valid till April of this year. So it is expired. You still got a new work permit till September 2016? Meaning it's new, as it has to be renewed yearly as well. Usually a WP is no longer valid than your visa or extension (I know there are 3-year versions).

So something is wrong here with the story.

...now you changed it again. Get your facts right in the first place.

Edited by MadMac

Sorry trying to do too many things at once...

This kind of caught me off guard. We already have a trip planned from 13-15th so it looks like i will have to make a 2500 baht run to Cambodia again or go to immigration on Monday morning and try to get an extension to "visit" my wife... =]

No by extension i mean the 1st suggestion by ubonjoe...

@ubonjoe What are all the required documents I do not really remember: Marriage certificate, Wifes ID and house book, My passport, photos...

Am I missing anything else... ?? Other than my wife, think she must go in person as well... ??

Edited by moon47

You don't get extensions at the border. Neither does he need one as his visa is *now* valid till April 2016.

Who is saying "you do" ?

Maybe you should appreciate the OP has a multi entry visa which only allows 90 day stays . Every 90 days he has to leave the country or secure an extension at an immigration office.

Perhaps you should read the thread. As the OP has a valid visa till April 2016 (after changing it 2 times) there is no need for an extension. Neither will he in any case get one doing a border run to Cambodia as mentioned. So I assume he meant the 90 days re-entry.

Anyway, you will figure it out, if he does not change the input data again smile.png. What still puzzles me is how he could get a work permit till September, when his visa is only valid till April

Edited by MadMac

Yes my "Visa" is valid until 2016 but my entry stamp expires in less than a week.

So i must do one of two things:

Do a visa run for 2500 and get another 90 days

or

Do an 60 day extension based on family.

Found all the required documents here BTW:

http://www.thethailandlife.com/non-immigrant-visa-extend-stay-60-days

As i do not have tax payments yet or enough in the bank for the one year extension i really only have these two options as far as i know.

Thanks everyone who chimed in I do not know why i thought it would be automatic, i should have known better... =O

Edited by moon47
  • Like 1

Yes my "Visa" is valid until 2016 but my entry stamp expires in less than a week.

Ok, so it's the 90 days as I said. Cross the border and get another 90 days.

For a first time extension based on marriage you need 400k on the bank, in an account in your name, not shared, for at least 2 months.As you say you don't have that yet, you wont get an extension.

Ok, so it's the 90 days as I said. Cross the border and get another 90 days.

For a first time extension based on marriage you need 400k on the bank, in an account in your name, not shared, for at least 2 months.As you say you don't have that yet, you wont get an extension.

He can and will get a 60 day extension if he wishes to apply for it.

Why do you persist in making unhelpful and misleading comment ?

• Like 1

Perhaps you should read the thread. As the OP has a valid visa till April 2016 (after changing it 2 times) there is no need for an extension. Neither will he in any case get one doing a border run to Cambodia as mentioned. So I assume he meant the 90 days re-entry.

Anyway, you will figure it out, if he does not change the input data again smile.png. What still puzzles me is how he could get a work permit till September, when his visa is only valid till April

I have read the entire topic. In the first line of the OP it is stated he has a multiple entry non-o visa.

• Like 1

Why change your multi entry visa? Just keep doing the 90 day runs until you need to apply for a new multi entry visa out of country? I am doing the same and have a work permit, I also made sure that the school knew before hand that I would need to take off days to cross a border and they agreed to hire me. It's not that big a deal as long as both parties are honest.

The work permit is linked to his contact with the school, not the visa. So if his contact states starts Oct 2015 - Sep 2016 that is what will be stated in his WP. Obviously his entry visa will have expired by then so he will need to get a new one out of country as he does not meet the requirements in-country. If you are on a Non-B visa with a WP then that is a different story, they are linked. He is on a Non-O so a different kettle of fish.

If you are a teacher you can now obtain a work permit valid for two years, So as a visa and extension only lasts 12 months it is quite easy to see how his work permit does not correspond with his visa/extension/permission to stay.

It is possible as a teacher to get your work permit on a 90 day Non B or a 12 Month Multi non o ( Marriage) if they have all the other documentation from the school etc.

As far has his visa is concerned he can get an extension at the local immigration or simply leave the country every 3 months until his use by date arrives and then he has to leave the country and obtain another non o or non b.

Not sure where he is living but I do my in and out at Mai Sot and only costs 500 Baht. Over the bridge and back again in less than an hour.