Location needed to make a US Court appearance by Phone.

Chwooly

I would think being able to produce and show a high quality image of your passport and ID page and Visa entry stamps might help. Make good color copy, take a photo with your camera/phone and send it, email it, fax it, etc.. Ask if somebody at the US court can provide an Iphone, smart phone or whatever number that you can video stream to using your phone or your computer camera? If no video involved, this could be tougher. Maybe another American there can talk while ID'ing you? That sounds kind of less acceptable though.

Your hotel desk might help if their english speaking staff is still there. They could verify they accepted your passport when you checked in, maybe even say it is you standing in front of them? Go to Retox tavern right off soi bukhao soi diana and stand where their pretty sharp web cam is and tell the court to go online and see you standing there? I know sounds silly, but might give you a better idea

Edited by gk10002000

register with courtcall.com for the appearance. make the call from a quiet room with a landline. if you use a cell phone, make sure the connection is stable. if you want to keep the call cheap, buy a calling card online called CAT PhoneNet. You can find them on a variety of websites, and they will keep the call local while charging you about 1 - 3 baht per minute for the overseas portion of the call. The phone card will work with both landline and cellphone.

good luck.

I would check with the court who they want to verify your identification. Anything other than a US accredited lawyer for notary services (as expected by the US embassy) then the opposing counsel will have a field day ending in it being a complete waste of time for you.

Once you know this, you will then know where to go. My bet would be a Notary's office or the police station as advised above.