Personal Income Tax In Thailand

I have read the relevant advice on the site however still have a doubt and wonder if anyone could give me comfort. My husband and I are moving to a house we are having built in Thailand. We will not work and are entering under the 6 month tourist visa program. Our entire income is derived from UK dividends and our subsistence will be paid for by UK or offshore credit cards. We would like to stay in Thailand for around 8 months a year over 2/3 visits but not if it means we will be resident for tax purposes. We are non resident for tax in the UK. Can I stay more than 180 days without incurring tax ?

Khutan is correct:

The short answer is: if you are not earning an income in Thailand the tax authorities are not interested in you - its as simple as that, the only exception to this that I can think of (that another forum member mentioned on another threaad) was the possibility that some types of bank accounts may be subject to tax on the interest earned on the capital in the account.

Other than that - its a non-issue for you.

Tim

Technically, you will be resident for tax purposes and should fill in a tax return stating that you have no income here in Thailand.

Whilst it's unlikely that you'll have and immediate problems if you don't actually submit a return, if longer term you plan to retire here you may want to comply with the requirement to avoid problems later on.