New METV requirements in Italy

A friend of mine just sent me this shot of a Notice at the Thai Embassy In Rome and it basically says that on the 13th of November they will start to issue this visa at the fee of 150 euros and that at the same time they gonna stop issuing the double and the triple entry TV. One of the requirements for the application is showing a bank statement with minimum 6000 euros in it.

Just wondering if it's gonna be like this everywhere...

post-26625-0-89631800-1444655045_thumb.j

6,000 Euros. Wow! thats 240k thb

We may see criteria for the new METV vary between embassies and consulates, but I wouldn't be surprised if they all, at least, drop the triple entry.

Which equals some 40,000/month.

Accommodation,food, transport etc. could easily cost that !

It will be interesting to see what conditions other Thai Embassies impose as conditions for issuing the METV

i would agree that the triple entry TV is likely to be dropped.

Edited by oncearugge
  • Like 1

We may see criteria for the new METV vary between embassies and consulates, but I wouldn't be surprised if they all, at least, drop the triple entry.

It will be interesting to see what conditions other Thai Embassies impose as conditions for issuing the METV

i would agree that at the triple entry TV is likely to be dropped. 3

The amount is fair especially when you consider a retiree has to fund 400k for 6 months. I'm just surprised they set the bar so high!

I agree. If the embassies/consulates neighbouring Thailand follow suit that will be interesting. And especially if the double entry is dropped.

Having an official set amount is exactly what Vientiane etc. need so that everyone knows where they stand. Let people have unlimited back to back METV's as long as they can show the funds.

Edited by elviajero

i would agree that at the triple entry TV is likely to be dropped. 3

The amount is fair especially when you consider a retiree has to fund 400k for 6 months. I'm just surprised they set the bar so high!

I agree. If the embassies/consulates neighbouring Thailand follow suit that will be interesting. And especially if the double entry is dropped.

Having an official set amount is exactly what Vientiane etc. need so that everyone knows where they stand. Let people have unlimited back to back METV's as long as they can show the funds.

quite cheaper lol in france for a single non o 90 day , you need to show 5000e

It also says you need to show proof that you have a job

Right, and if you have a job you have time to come and stay in Thailand for 6 or more months...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Edited by Siriam
  • Like 2

Right, and if you have a job you have time to come and stay in Thailand for 6 or more months...

lol who have 6 month holliday

i want this job tell meee :P

• Like 2

I want it too LOL IMHO they should instead ask for mandatory health insurance

• Like 1

i want this job tell meee tongue.png

I agree

Especially with 6000 USD and in global crisis Italy

Why that? I think Thailand has no mandatory health insurance for Thai people as well......Actually both my wife and I have no health insurance here in Thailand.....Correction I may have one now, because I am legally working so I guess I am at the 30 Baht health care.

Guys who work offshore are typically on holiday 6 months of the year ;)

And provided they are not morons they should have way more then USD 6k stashed away

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

h90

If you are working you are not a tourist, the Topic is about a tourist visa.

You must have misunderstood something. A person living and working in Italy can of course travel to Thailand for the purpose of tourism and therefore be a tourist in Thailand.

h90

If you are working you are not a tourist, the Topic is about a tourist visa.

You must have misunderstood something. A person living and working in Italy can of course travel to Thailand for the purpose of tourism and therefore be a tourist in Thailand.
His reaction was to somebody working in Thailand.
  • Like 2

they will also issue it to CAMBODIANS ONLY in Cambodia and they need show $8,000

Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa will only be granted to Cambodian nationals or those with proof of permanent residence in Cambodia.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/862991-new-metv-available-in-cambodia-for-cambodians/?p=9965679

going by these 2 examples it seems the visa will only be available to those in their own country

i k now it gonna be like this with this visa ; 6 month visa unlimited entry to thailand is good for people who work here illegally but if you need to aplly in your country and show 6000e and a paper that u got work .....

only for business men so this visa

Im from Italy too and a friend of mine send me a picture like that.

I should have my passport on 31 October so I hope they will keep issuing double entry tourist visa.

No they will not, as written above.

wai2.gif Doesn't it also say you need a residence in Italy or an Italian residence permit to apply?

That would seem to be contrary to the EU freedom of movement in the Eurozone principle, wouldn't it?

Not that the Thais would care anyhow.

You are right to a certain extend.

Any EU passport holder can work or look for work anywhere in the EU, but that's for a duration of 3 months only.

After that period either he has found work and can apply for a resident permit or he has not and has to show proof of wealth then apply for resident permit or leave.

So technically they can refuse an EU person without resident permit to the designated country to apply for a METV

wai2.gif Doesn't it also say you need a residence in Italy or an Italian residence permit to apply?

That would seem to be contrary to the EU freedom of movement in the Eurozone principle, wouldn't it?

Not that the Thais would care anyhow.

It has always been like that. Apparently the only That consulate in Europe that doesn't care is the one in the UK.

Also there are rich countries in Europe (Malta, San Marino) which citizens cannot enter Thailand visa exempt .

As you said, Thailand doesn't care.