New METV available in cambodia for Cambodians

Seems that the new visa is not only expensive and lots of hoops u need jump thru

it might ONLY be availbe in ur own country

Italy;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/862463-new-metv-requirements-in-italy/

Got this form the thai embassy in Cambodia

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your email. Yes, a Cambodian would be able to apply for the METV in November. Please see the following.

THAILAND'S TOURIST VISAÂ

Tourist Visa (TR) may be granted to short term visitors who intend to stay in Thailand for 60 days per trip or less.

Types of Tourist Visa and Validity:Â

·        Single-Entry Tourist Visa: valid for entering Thailand once within 3 months from the date of application. The period of stay is 60 days maximum.

·        Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa (enforced on 13 Nov 2015): valid for entering Thailand within 6 months from the date of application. The period of stay is 60 days maximum per stay. The Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa holder may enter Thailand again as long as the visa is still valid. Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa will only be granted to Cambodian nationals or those with proof of permanent residence in Cambodia.

Required documents:Â

1. Visa Application form(s) and photograph(s): Completed and signed Visa Application form and recent photograph(s) (size 3.5x4.5 cm). Most applicants require to present 1 Visa Application form and 1 photographexcept nationals of the following countries:   Â

2. Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)Â

3. Travel tickets in and out of Thailand

4. Evidence of adequate finance

Single-Entry Tourist Visa: $1000 per person and $2000 per family

Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: $8,000 per person (6 months of financial statements)

5. Letter of Employment (compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)

6. Evidence of accommodation booking (compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)

7. Application fee (Cash only in US Dollars – Non-refundable):Â

Single-Entry Tourist Visa: $40

Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: $200

• Like 1

OMG - How can Thailand really ,, like a nation, accept to have such idiots working at their embassies and make these kind of financial demands. Cambodians showing all these kind of money.....hahaha..

Seems to me that Thailand does not want people to come at all.....'

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

OMG - How can Thailand really ,, like a nation, accept to have such idiots working at their embassies and make these kind of financial demands. Cambodians showing all these kind of money.....hahaha..

Glegolo

How can you blame embassy staff for this one ? They are only passing the message on

And having a financial requirement of USD 1300/m for the 6 month duration is hardly unreasonable....

• Like 1

I do agree its not the the embassy staff but whomever makes the immigration laws here in thialand

for Italy they need show 6,000 euro's

....Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: $8,000 per person (6 months of financial statements)

so u need show $8,000 in the bank!! and its for a 2 month stay max at which time u leave and than return. its not a 6 months short term visa but a tourist visa.

5. Letter of Employment (compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)

You need be employed , how many people are employees and than allowed to take 6 months off?

I really dont understand this visa and the reasons behind it .

• Like 1

Glegolo

How can you blame embassy staff for this one ? They are only passing the message on

And having a financial requirement of USD 1300/m for the 6 month duration is hardly unreasonable....

EASY,,,, I have no problem at all in blaming personal on different embassies/consulate and Immigration-officies. They are NOT passing anything on at all my friend.

They are merely only interpreting after their own heads and IQ.. If it was a matter of just passing the message, as you say, than Thai-VISA threads concerning VISA and extensions would have almost been dead.....

Concerning the money.. You should get out a bit I guess... You think that for Cambodians that usd 1300:- a month is no problem???? Well I cant say anything more about that, you should know better.

Glegolo

Glegolo

EASY,,,, I have no problem at all in blaming personal on different embassies/consulate and Immigration-officies. They are NOT passing anything on at all my friend.

They are merely only interpreting after their own heads and IQ.. If it was a matter of just passing the message, as you say, than Thai-VISA threads concerning VISA and extensions would have almost been dead.....

Concerning the money.. You should get out a bit I guess... You think that for Cambodians that usd 1300:- a month is no problem???? Well I cant say anything more about that, you should know better.

Glegolo

Fact is how Cambodians would think would be taking a 6 month holiday in Thailand anyway irrespective of the finanical requirements ?....the T&Cs will be same all over the world for this visa type

i suspect you dont care about the Cambodians anyway...

i think many thought, possibly including you that this would be an easy option over visa running monthly or normal tourist visas for longer term stay and and now it seems you would have to get the visa type in your own country and show a reasonable amount of cash for a 6 month stay...;)

Edited by Soutpeel

Let me guess : In Laos it will be available for Laotians only .

And of course double entry will be over.

Who wants to bet?

Well of course..... give something with one hand and take something away with the other..... I think many of current visa runners thought they would just have to jump a border and be given a 6 month visa therefore only having to jump the border twice a year....

fact is Thailand offers plenty of visa options for people as it is, tourist or those living here full time

Edited by Soutpeel

6000 USD for Cambodians?

Anyway Cambodians working in LOS have not got a visa and it looks like it's going to stay that way a long time.

Thailand's habit to making laws that have very little connection to reality, is just going to drive more and more people into illegality.