Buy a new car VS toyota sure second hand

Massilia06

If it was in my country, i will never buy a second hand at this price.
But in Thai it's really different.
Repair an old toyota it's cheap...and the value down so quick.
I would like to know opinion of people who ever buy car at a toyota sure shop.

Cheers

We all know most second hand car prices are expensive here, but it is what it is. One thing you should consider is how much safer, comfortable and economic a current car will be over the older one. If those things don't really bother you then save yourself some money and buy the older car. You'll probably be able to get a similar price if you looked after it for 5 more years if the market stays as it is today.

Myself like the look of the new Yaris better...

New Yaris = 1.2 engine

Old Yaris = 1.5 engine..

depends on the model of the old one, you need auto with badge E, G or RS, as these are the models with Airbags and ABS + back then they cost far more than the new ones today....

did look back then they were very small, and impossible for me to drive, never tried a new one so no idea..

Lots of Toyota Sure places about, have you looked for the 2014 new model, save around 130 -150,000 baht on a year old one.

A thai friend of mine who owned car sale lots gave me simple advice about buytng cars. If you pay cash buy used. If you borrow the money buy new. New car loans are cheap used are expensive.New car will run trouble free till paid off. Never know how good the used car is.

I always buy new trouble free.

A similar model cost 550,000 bath new...

But with the loan it's more 670,000 bath. And the difference about insurance also.

I don't care about your opinion...don't answear it's better.

Looks like you're gonna make a lot of riends on TV with your attitude.

Why you open a thread in the first place if only selected replies you want to hear are allowed. Should have mentioned it right in the OP.

Back under your rock.

But with the loan it's more 670,000 bath. And the difference about insurance also.

There's something wrong with your maths there I think...

Even at sky-high interest (3%):

New Price: 550,000

25% downpayment: 137,500

Financed Amount: 412,500

Interest per year @ 3%: 12,375 Baht

If 4 years term: 137,500 + 412,500 + (4x 12,375) = 599,500

5 years term: 137,500 + 412,500 + (5x 12,375) = 611.875

However that said, a quick Google search reveals dealers offering 1.39% interest, with 45K discount off the downpayment, and the standard selection of freebies on top...

Based on that:

New Price: 550,000

25% downpayment: 137,500 - 45,000 = 92,500

Financed Amount: 412,500

Interest per year @ 1.39%: 5,734 Baht

If 4 years term: 92,500 + 412,500 + (4x 5,734) = 527,936

5 years term: 92,500 + 412,500 + (5x 5,734) = 533,670

Facts only, no opinion, as per request :P

Edited by IMHO

Looks like you're gonna make a lot of riends on TV with your attitude.

Why you open a thread in the first place if only selected replies you want to hear are allowed. Should have mentioned it right in the OP.

Back under your rock.

Nothing much wrong with his comment to you considering your derisive post.

Edited by Alration

When our old Toyota wasn't worth repairing we started out looking at cars at Toyota Sure. I was stunned by the price of 3 to 4 year old cars. Much more expensive than 'regular' car yards. In the end we purchased a new car when Mazda had a promotional loan rate of 0% at the Bangkok Motor Show. So we kept our money in a fixed term interest account and made monthly repayments until the loan was paid off.

If you can wait various banks often have promotional loan interest rates. I saw one at Seacon last weekend at 1.3%

I would buy new. In Canada (and USA) I can get a 9 year old Benz for less than a price you quoted.

This is why buying used in Thailand is such a poor value.

However, the one thing you should consider when buying new vs used is free 5 year insurance.

To me that would be worth extra 250,000 baht.

Disclaimer! Disclaimer!

I will never, ever buy a car or motorbike in Thailand.

I would buy new. In Canada (and USA) I can get a 9 year old Benz for less than a price you quoted.

This is why buying used in Thailand is such a poor value.

However, the one thing you should consider when buying new vs used is free 5 year insurance.

To me that would be worth extra 250,000 baht.

Disclaimer! Disclaimer!

I will never, ever buy a car or motorbike in Thailand.

Insurance is neither free for 5 years, nor worth anywhere near 50K Baht/yr for the vehicle the OP's talking about.

Again, at the OP's request - just facts, no opinions :P

Edited by IMHO

Hi,
I will buy a car and i would like to know your opinion, what u think it's the best...
A second hand at a toyota sure shop, a 9 years yaris with 90,000km( 290,000 bath) or a new one?
Thanks a lot for your help.

You should be very careful. Many of these cars had serious accidents and they got "fixed" by the cheapest garage. And the 90 K could easily be 190 K.

Cheating is apart of second hand car sellers. And Thai are pretty good in that. I made my own personal experience regarding that matter. So no hearsay, a friend told me, or other utter bs.

If I were you, I'd bring it to a dealer (when you test drive it) and get all, including the chassis checked. A good friend of mine had the same bad luck and his Mitsu L 200, which his wife's son had rolled around a tree, was completely redone. But they didn't do anything with the completely out of order frame and chassis.

Even the paint job was shitty. You've been warned.

I meant warranty, lol

Oh :)

Even then, on Toyota the warranty is only 3 years or 100,000 KM.

Mitsubishi and Ford will allow you to extend their standard 3 year warranty to 5 years for an extra fee though.