EMG of Isatic nerve /where?

THAIPHUKET

i think you mean your sciatic nerve (also known as ischiadic nerve, ischiatic nerve).

If you have received specific medical advice from a competent physician that you need an EMG, okay; if not, you may wish to evaluate (with medical advice) whether you need an MRI or an EMG or both.

See: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/spine_shoulder_and_pelvis_disorders/sciatica_85,P01382/

Do you know if the source of the sciatica is a herniated disc ?

What have you tried for pain relief ?

best wishes, ~o:37; (veteran of an acute sciatica episode thirty years ago)

THANKS for pointing out the trap of typing with self-completing programs. Of course, I meant the Sciatic nerve and I know exactly where the problem is. Yes, I have an excellent doctor at BNH hospital in BKK and he recommended I get the EMG.

The recommendation I got via PM to see the Neurological Hospital here is good, but

- you know that any case must be explained anew and in great detail to a new doctor. the opinion of another doctor has no relevance to the new one. That's why I go rather by names than by institutions.

- I also want to avoid long waiting hours, rather go to the private wing if there is such thing.

9765.jpg

Maharaj rehab center can be a option. Besides massages and procedures they do EMG tests. Neurological may be OK too but lines even too doctor takes hours and for EMG machine it can be weeks. But you cna check both they are near. But the thing with EMG is who making test. Best to find your doctor 1st here too. Then he(she) would better at least participate in procedure.

Bangkok Hospital displayed total ignorance.

Even my fluently Thai speaking friend was unable to find one person who understood = EMG of Neurological department.

Although I am a patient ;even my patient number plus the name of my doctor were of no help to talk on the phone to said orthopedics doctor to ask= Does BKK hospital have an EMG or not?

No chance, the doctor wants you to come by in person.

RAM was a failure too. They sent me to University Hospital. Can anyone tell me the secret how to get a private screening by EMG?

Simply = an appointment?

No "secret"

Make an appointment.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/doctors/Weeraworn-Nakarawat

Very much doubt you will find anywhere that offers an "on demand" EMG "screening" either in Thailand or elsewhere.

Edited by oncearugge

I'd like to suggest ... if you haven't already done this ... that you go (back ?) to the large public hospital on Suthep Road (Maharaj, aka Suan Dok), and register with the "Special Medical Services Center," often referred to by the name of the building it's in, "Sriphat." It's on the ground floor of the Sriphat building (there's a direct entrance on the south side).

That administrative unit is specifically for non-Thais, and you will get expedited access to see Doctors many of whom may be on the teaching staff of the associated University.

cheers, ~o:37;

Hmm, I hear you well. My Thai wife had a cyst in a non-invasive way removed there I. E the expensive but nice way. While an inpatient everything was perfect. Only the pre- and after checks required long hours of wait in what one describe - a Zoo in a sea of people

I decided to go by ONCEARUUGE recommendation , this doctor´s credentials fit what I wan, someone who knows what he is doing.

Special Clinical Interests:
- Disease of peripheral nerve, neuromuscular juction, muscle, nerve root, motor neuron
- Nerve conduction study and electromyography/Repetitive nerve stimuilation
- Single fiber EMG

https://goo.gl/f4Nqf7