Are there any good 10 inch Android 3G-4G tablets 3000-5000 baht

BKKdreaming

Hi

I have an asus fonepad now, I like it but would like a larger screen,

is there any name brand 10 inch or so Tablet that has 3g-4g Sim card slot and hopefully a memory card slot too ?

An older model would be OK if I can buy one on USA Ebay

thanks for your ideas....

And yes I could get an iPad but everything I have now is Android ......

I think that's likely asking a bit much for the price vs a 10 inch 3-4G tablet.

I just bought a new ASUS Memo Pad 8 inch tablet with LTE (ME581CL) from ITrueMart for 5999b,

Really wasn't interested in any of the many 7 inch tablets with 1024 x 600 displays.

I like the 8 in form factor, better screen real estate than the 7 inchers, but lighter, easier to hold and carry than the 10 inchers.

I have a fonepad 7 inch , Its OK , but I really use it mostly at home on WiFi , but like to have 3G-4G when I am out somewhere away from WiFi

Most of the 7-10 inch tablets in the USA that are 3G-4G do not have the phone feature set-up,

only the data , The phone companies want you to pay both for a smart phone and another plan for the Tablet,

I like the iPads size just looking for something that size in android that has the phone activated ,

then if I am in another country I can buy only 1 sim card to use a few days....

I just bought a new ASUS Memo Pad 8 inch tablet with LTE (ME581CL) from ITrueMart for 5999b,

Really wasn't interested in any of the many 7 inch tablets with 1024 x 600 displays.

I like the 8 in form factor, better screen real estate than the 7 inchers, but lighter, easier to hold and carry than the 10 inchers.

Is it possible to make (and receive) calls with the Memo Pad ?

Is it possible to make (and receive) calls with the Memo Pad ?

The Memo Pad cannot make/receive calls. One model (ME181C) is wifi only, and the ME581 has a sim slot for data use only.

Lazada (see my recent posts on Lazada in another thread in this sub-forum) has a Toshiba Excite 10.1" for B4999 and with their daily discount of 8% or 10% depending on the day, it is around B4500 delivered. It has a sim slot for data usage and a slot for expanding the memory. We have one and it works well, although it is slow starting up and searching for updates, which seems to be a common complaint. For the price, it is IMHO, a very good deal.

Get a Teclast X98 Pro. It's the dogs what nots. http://techtablets.com/teclast-x98-pro/

If you want to save about $50 then the x98 3g is good as well.. They are both dual boot, Android 5/ windows 10.. IPad size. I have an X89 iPad mini size running Windows 10.. It's great!

Where did you get it? The Teclast X2 Pro appears to be a copy of the Microsoft Surface Pro and looks very interesting.

The Memo Pad cannot make/receive calls. One model (ME181C) is wifi only, and the ME581 has a sim slot for data use only.

Depends on how you mean that.... the ME581CL cannot make SIM mobile network calls.

But it can perfectly well make and receive calls via Skype, Hangouts, MagicJack, MobileVOIP, LINE, GrooveIP, etc etc etc.

And, it has a microSIM slot for LTE/3G data, so you can use all those services anywhere, not just with wifi.

ASUS's FonePad line support SIM phone calling. The MemoPad line just support mobile data.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Thanks TallGuyJohninBKK,

I was trying to find ASUS's MemoPad (ME581CL) online... they are probably out of stock.

I see that ITrueMart where I bought mine is out of stock right now.

http://www.itruemart.com/en/products/asus-memo-pad-8-me581cl-2691923497609.html

The same tablet is available from Lazada, but at double the price I paid from ITrueMart, and from a 3rd party seller with pretty poor ratings.

I would think the only way you'd get a 10" brand name at that price is if you're willing to accept a refurb.

Look on places like Dealnews.com

Here, I did it for you: All under $150.

http://dealnews.com/c594/Computers/iPad-Tablet/Tablets/?h=150

Thanks for the link

a refurb is fine , or an older model , the 3g-4g is the hard thing to find ,

I looked thru that list... The LG G Pad 8 with LTE was one I had been looking at, as a refurb, from Amazon in the U.S. for around $100 just for the purchase.

Everything I could find and read on it seemed to be fine, albeit, it wasn't going to be updated to any more recent OS, which was an issue I was concerned about in my own buying decision. But the specs and performance for the hardware itself seemed good.

I looked thru that list... The LG G Pad 8 with LTE was one I had been looking at, as a refurb, from Amazon in the U.S. for around $100 just for the purchase.

Everything I could find and read on it seemed to be fine, albeit, it wasn't going to be updated to any more recent OS, which was an issue I was concerned about in my own buying decision. But the specs and performance for the hardware itself seemed good.

The LTE frequencys won't work in Thailand.