National Park Fees Have Doubled

Ling Kae

Just came back from a trip to Loei province and was confronted with this huge sign on the road towards Phu Rua National park. I read that in Phuket they were delaying the increases for a year but up here it appears not. My partner and I both disagree with the massive 10 times more for farang charges so needless to say we just did a U turn and continued our way. Be warned of these steep increases!

post-29657-1159678534_thumb.jpg

post-29657-1159678568_thumb.jpg

Indeed, maybe a boycott is order.

It would really make more sense for the pricing policy to be the same high price for everyone, with appropriate discounts (even if it a discount for all Thai nationals). It might amount to the same thing, but it would put a better face on it - recognizing the assumed difference in ability to pay.

A more modest increase would also be more acceptable. :o

Edited by Upcountry

Just came back from a trip to Loei province and was confronted with this huge sign on the road towards Phu Rua National park. I read that in Phuket they were delaying the increases for a year but up here it appears not. My partner and I both disagree with the massive 10 times more for farang charges so needless to say we just did a U turn and continued our way. Be warned of these steep increases!

post-29657-1159678534_thumb.jpg

post-29657-1159678568_thumb.jpg

To be more exact, it is not more expensive for "farang", it is more expensive for "foreign tourists".

If you show your work permit,residency book etc.., you'll usually be fine.