‘Gun’ was Just a Box, Angry Bangkok Minivan Driver Protests

Jonathan Fairfield

‘Gun’ was Just a Box, Angry Driver Protests

14450012561445001846l.jpg

BANGKOK — A public van driver insisted today he was pointing a small box at another motorist – not a gun – in a video widely seen since it was uploaded yesterday.

Prachop Tekrathok, 40, told police today he was the man seen in the “armed van driver” video uploaded to Facebook, but denied having a firearm in the vehicle. A colleague also in the van threatened today to file a libel suit against whoever uploaded the video.

In the clip posted by Facebook user “Kittipol Na Ubon,” the driver of a Bangkok-Sattahip van opens his window and leans out, appearing to point a gun at the person filming. The scene is quite dark, however.

The video was later widely shared and criticized, with many bloggers reposting it with a similar description.

But Prachop said he was not carrying a gun. He said the incident took place Tuesday evening on a road north of Bangkok in Pathum Thani province. Prachop said he wasn’t actually driving at the time, but seated behind another colleague behind the wheel, Somkuan Worasith.

1445003820_201510161320443-2004101916130

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-10-17

Pretending to aim a gun at motorists is downright dangerous and foolish....and also an offense in many countries.

Try walking into a bank with your hand suggestively under your coat....or even just saying, "I've got a gun" in a threatening manner.

The fool should be arrested.

The police should be able to clear up the video enough to determine whether or not it was a gun or a box.

Oh I forgot we are in Thailand.

Those van-drivers are big friends with the police. That's why they can just park on the road causing traffic jam to pickup Somjing the cleaner from the mall.

...the box would be obstructing his face...

...and the angle at which he is holding the gun is obvious....

...you can even see the end of the barrel as a round, shiny point....

...definitely not a box....

...let him sue...but he should be arrested first....

...these sick scum have all kinds of sick excuses and 'explanations' in their sick minds....and it is rampant....

The Van driver said it was the other car that repeatedly cut him off, I suspect it was the van who cut the driver off first as is with most cases. Hence the other car started to provoke the van. Either way both drivers are no good, typical Thai driving mentality nowadays.

As Charlton Heston might have said," You will only take my boxes from my cold dead hands."

If every driver in Thailand carried a box, this sort of thing would never happen.

:)

Edited by JAG

So he drives from the second row safer he slams into the back of a lorrywink.png

"Prachop said he wasn’t actually driving at the time, but seated behind another colleague behind the wheel, Somkuan Worasith."

There, that should clear up your confusion. Now back to the boxing match.