Expired Non B and Work permit

Hello, I need to know if it is possible to obtain the work permit with an expired NON B visa. The situation is like this. It is a Work permit to teach in one School, All paperwork was done in the right way, but a little issue arised and delayed the process.

The NON B expires tomorrow the 19th but the person who is taking care of the paperwork says that this is not a problem as the paperwork will be ready for Friday the 23th. He says that the 4 days overstay must be paid and the teaching license and work permit will be issued without any problem.

Can anybody tell me if this information is correct?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Javi0567

The "paperwork" person is part of the thai staff of The School and I am not sure about his Knowledge. He said that the immigration office said that to him but I have doubts about it.

You will soon discover the truth.

In the meantime you are illegally working and illegally in the country. What guarantees are the school offering if you are discovered?

Time I suspect for a substantive discussion with the boss

No, I am not working yet, so this is not a problem. The problem is the overstay thing. If work permit can not be provided with the expired NON B I can leave tomorrow to KL and get a tourist visa and start the process again.

So the thing I need to know if it is possible to get the wp.

Edited by Javi0567

No, I am not working yet, so this is not a problem. The problem is the overstay thing. If work permit can not be provided with the expired NON B I can leave tomorrow to KL and get a tourist visa and start the process again.

Why would you be getting a tourist visa in KL ? Its a B visa you will need

Because the "paper work" person has not yet prepared the documentation ?

But the OP already has a B visa so how hard would it be to re-hash the same documentation ?

But the OP already has a B visa so how hard would it be to re-hash the same documentation ?

Dunno but it seems the "paper work" person has had a "little issue arised (sic)and delayed the process."

Exactly. It took me almost 1 month to get my WP after I got my Non-B.

It seemed to me that my school staff were very very slow in doing

paperwork for me. To be honest I can't believe that they haven't yet

got the paperwork done for the OP in 3 months. They might of forgotten

about it, I must say.

Hello,

Have you flown out to KL yet?

If not, you can go to the immigration office to pay 1,900B to extend

your visa for 1 week.

Yes, we tried it, but immigration said it was not possible no extend it.

The problem arised because "the paperwork person" did his job wrong and all was delayed. No chance to apply for a new NON B in KL as the required documents were not ready yet.

Hello,

your visa for 1 week.

The problem arised because "the paperwork person" did his job wrong and all was delayed. No chance to apply for a new NON B in KL as the required documents were not ready yet.

Overstay mounts up at 500 Bht/day.

Unless the paperwork is available very soon you would be better advised to leave and to return on a tourist visa.

Hello,

your visa for 1 week.

What would do you then?