Wife refused entry to US at airport

Word of Advice ti the Poster - ensure she does leave the USA and before her visa expires - this will establis her as an honest person that made a mistake........and will give her credabiity when shew appies t=for her Immigrant Visa. thumbsup.gif

TODAY -- Oct. 22nd - 8am.

We had our 1 hour Change of Status Interview off of a K1 Fiancee VISA. (Green Card)

Most of you are guessing, without much experience. If you have not been through the USA process

in the last six (6) months -- you're wrong about many things.

Our Officer told us that the "rules, regulations and laws are changing weekly". (EX. no stamp in her passport. No longer do this.)

Anyone that follows news on the USA knows that "Immigration" is the biggest topic in the news and a major political issue.

+ Everything must be done correctly. Exactly.

+ They are looking for reasons "not to admit you" instead of reasons "to admit you". Big difference. Understand this.

+ She advised us to be "exact" in our words. Any hesitation would create doubt in her mind.

+ She was no-nonsense, non-humorous, very thorough with every piece of evidence.

+ She wanted "to be assured" of our relationship and marriage.

+ She had many, many relationship questions, and we were unable to look at each other.

+ She was insistent that Patricia be able to speak English, understand English, and that we can converse.

+ She asked about the "possibility" of a child. She said the K-3 VISA would be necessary if we had a child. She was

emphatic about this.

If you went through this process one year ago -- your comments are worthless.

• Like 1

To the poster, I noticed in my message center you quoted the post I made but checking several times I do not see anything quoted or a response to me.

Here is my last remarks regarding this issue... I have been through the process, a number of years ago and at that time had a contact inside Embassy in Bangkok. As noted many things have changed since that time and even then it was tough and even tougher now! I'm not going into detail as what I was told personally because many of the things have already been listed.

From reading the posting and the ops reply.. I'm starting to get a good picture as to why he is in this situation. As to what the Embassy does or doesn't do in Bangkok is not longer relevant because he is already in the States. In his situation it is a whole new ball game as to what he has to do and trying to obtain a solution on this board ( good reading but produces no results ) while is has a limited time since his wife is on a Tourist Visa 30 days and he is suppose to have medical problems but have plenty of time visiting the board for solutions? He screwed up the first time and instead learning from his mistake continues to waste time and go down the same path that got him there.

Mentioned in one of the post that there is a law they can't deport is partially right, that is a major reason why the Embassy in Bangkok make it so hard for anyone to get a Tourist Visa etc... This was one of the things I was told in a private conversation by the 2nd in command at the Embassy. But to apply this law at home one must nearly have or be a lawyer to put the law in effect. I can imagine the ops going in by himself saying something or trying to keep his wife for overstaying by himself using this provision. There is a saying in law? you are a FOOL if you represent yourself. These people working in government do not have to be accountable and unless you have the power of a attorney they could give a shit! Once she is black listed it will be harder in the future to even get a Tourist Visa. This is a major reason why the Embassy give very few Tourist Visa to Thais unless they fill the requirement. Majority of the applicants they know are bargirls or former, there are many cases in the courts where well funded human traffic groups bring in girls to work in massage parlors and lawyers retainer filed petitions to delay their return. Having a Attorney in your situation filing the proper paperwork etc.. will prevent your wife in the future from having problems! Your Attorney is consider a officer of the court

As noted in post #92, sound advice once you illegally over stay you get a black mark a mark you will never see. You gotten lots of advice here many are good but in the end you are already in the eye of the storm not starting from the beginning in Bangkok. You are getting advice from many sources but none of us are Immigration Attorney's who know the process and represent you which I like to remind you! You are sick and can't do it yourself. I fully understand we want to save money etc... and do it ourselves... but you already screwed up and now should get a professional to fix it. From what I see you have all the requirements to be able to fix it... hope you register your kid at the Embassy.. etc.. at your age being on Medicare already did you know if you got a S.S. number for your wife and son they are entitled to S.S. benefits each month?

Stop dicking around get a PROFESSIONAL!

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1