Thai man apologises for shooting at a female dentist's car out of anger

webfact

Man apologises for shooting at a female dentist’s car out of anger

de.jpg

BANGKOK: -- BANGKOK: A former lecturer of a wellknown educational institute was arrested by police on Monday night for allegedly shooting at a car driven by a female dentist apparently out of a fit of anger after the latter overtook his car.

The suspect, 47-year old Sompong Tantiwongpaisarn, a former lecturer at Thai-German Institute of Technology and an advisor at the Ministry of Energy, was apprehended at his home in Phasi Charoen district, Bangkok Metropolis.

Police also seized from his possession a .45 calibre automatic pistol with two magazines. Sompong was initially charged with carrying gun in public without a licence, illegal shooting in public and attempted murder.

Police alleged that Sompong used the pistol to fire one shot at the car of Ms Sirilada Sungsakda, 33, as both of them were driving in Soi Sirinthorn 7 off Boromratchachonnee road. The bullet penetrated left side window and hit the opposite side the window but missed the victim.

The victim later lodged a complaint with Talingchan police. She told police that the suspect was driving a Toyota in front of her but rather slowly, so she decided to overtake him. But then the suspect accelerated his car to run beside her and fired a shot at her.

Sompob said he apologized for the incident, claiming that he acted out of a fit of anger. He also vowed not to drive again.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/man-apologises-for-shooting-at-a-female-dentists-car-out-of-anger

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-20

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anger Management. What are the consequences?

1. Spitting 1 year jail, 5,000 dollar fine, lawyer fees 5,000 dollars, community service, 5 year probation.

2.Drive by shooting, reckless driving, intent to cause harm. Endangerment to the public. Carrying a unlicenced weapon. Shooting in a public area with intent to cause harm. Driving DUI. Public and Private damages. Act of Terrorism.

Answer for Thailand. Wan and I am sorry.

post-247253-0-06440000-1445328836_thumb.

He apologizes, after the fact. cheesy.gif. Most Thai men are the "Little Lord Fauntleroy" aristocrats of the Kingdom, who are emotionally arrested @ the (14 year-old baby stage of puberty. Mr. (47-year old) Sompong Tantiwongpaisarn, guaranteed, will not be held accountable for his actions, by being prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Thatt bloke is a walking Puiblic Safety hazard. coffee1.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

There was just another shooting from a car reported up here in Chiang Mai,

a businessman with too much to drink,seems to becoming a popular pastime

for Thai drivers,so not only have you got to be on the lookout for bad drivers,

(too many) but they might have a gun AND a short fuse.

regards worgeordie

Yes this is what you get if there's no police patrolling the highways/mainroads.

And i still haven't heard of a plan from the General to start with that. You can do anything you like on the roads in BKK but if you drive motorbike and don't keep totally left they'll get you.wai.gif

The bullet penetrated the left side window and hit the opposite side the window but missed the victim

Attempted murder?

And all because the poor little man was overtaken.

Perhaps his mummy didn't show him enough love when he was young.

Edited by Fabricus

The bullet penetrated the left side window and hit the opposite side the window but missed the victim

Attempted murder?

And all because the poor little man was overtaken.

Perhaps his mummy didn't show him enough love when he was young.

I'm sure that he got more that his "entitled" share of teenaged Motherly Love. However, only an adult can raise a child, to become an appropriately behaving adult whistling.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

There was just another shooting from a car reported up here in Chiang Mai,

a businessman with too much to drink,seems to becoming a popular pastime

for Thai drivers,so not only have you got to be on the lookout for bad drivers,

(too many) but they might have a gun AND a short fuse.

regards worgeordie

Excuse me! They may have a gun (or knife), and a short fuse? I have yet to meet a Thai bloke, who did not have a ready, waiting reactionary "chip" on his shoulder.

Edited by NativeSon360

Simple...

5 years minimum for Possessing an unlicensed firearm, Reckless shooting that may endanger life or property, possessing a real or imitation fire arm with the intent to commit a crime or frighten people.

Road Rage 5 year driving ban.

These penalties should be mandatory to which the police have to without exception refer to the courts, no brushing under the carpet for a donation to the Police officers retirement fund.

Edited by Basil B

Simple...

5 years minimum for Possessing an unlicensed firearm, Reckless shooting that may endanger life or property, possessing an imitation fire arm with the intent to commit a crime or frighten people.

Road Rage 5 year driving ban.

What LOS planet are you living on? Huh? whistling.gif

Yes this is what you get if there's no police patrolling the highways/mainroads.

And i still haven't heard of a plan from the General to start with that. You can do anything you like on the roads in BKK but if you drive motorbike and don't keep totally left they'll get you.wai.gif

Why would the General concern himself with that ?. It is a police/road traffic matter. You make it sound like you watch the news every night just waiting for his personal directive for this one point.

And how on Earth would some police patrols stop this guy getting a gun out and firing a single shot ?.

Or (like the other red-shirts here) you want to whine at him for something else about which the last bunch of dirty cronies were 100 times worse ? (but they didn't see fit to complain then).

Time to grow up.

Soap Box time for me as yet another gun incident showing LoS is awash with firearms but I can't recall any govt expressing concern and certainly no crackdown, not even one of the non-existent or short lived variety.

Went to one of my daughter's school friend's places. Not their main home but a very large walled in plot with ponds, various types of fowl, and some nice bungalows and space for their vehicle collection. A single pump action shotgun was propped in a corner of the main bungalow so I asked to look. A desk drawer was then opened to reveal a S&W .22 revolver, fully loaded, a 9 mm Walther that with the magazine out and loose ammunition for all three guns.

Mrs. BB went to pick up the revolver, not realizing it was real, loaded and ready to fire. I have know idea if they have the correct permits for all of them.

I know many Thais, 25-35 who come from reasonably wealthy families who all shoot, are regulars at the ranges and have their own guns. Again, they look puzzled when I ask about permits. A Thai client had a pump action shotgun in his study. His view was that if you've enough money to buy the gun, and a nice home etc., the police aren't going to trouble you.

I guess the reaction would be somewhat different to a farang being caught with one!