Has anyone been able to buy polyester resin in Bangkok?

BigOm19

I no idea what it is or whre to get it but I had a quick search on eBay for you and there was quite a few people who will post to Thailand, if you ant in a hurry and don't mind paying for the post, I get quite a few bits on there and haven't had any problems yet, i even get my condoms on there lol,what's the craft project just curious?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Isn't that the same stuff they use to make driveways covered in the very tiny stones? Then the better pavement-shops have it for sale, i saw big tanks of epoxy or something similar in there.

Also the fibreglass carpart shops along the roads might have it. I see them with many carfronts hanging at their fence.

I think epoxy and polyester resin are different. How, I couldn't explain.

Well, I hesitate to say, given the atmosphere here on anything slightly fringe. It's for an orgonite pyramid.

I found a local Thai factory that does polyester resin for casting but it comes in industrial-sized drums. I doubt I will make that many to begin with. I also have to source other materials like metal shavings. It could be one of those projects one gets excited about in the beginning, fizzles out, then I'd have to get rid of stuff.

The import charges to Thailand are silly for anything over 1 kg. I order small items regularly from eBay - most sellers have been helpful in marking down the value and as a gift - and iHerb (under US$60 for the latter).

Not sure about liquidy flammable substances though.

Edited by BigOm19

I still don't know what pyramids you're going to make but that's fine...

Metal shavings i've seen in the subs of chinatown where there's a lot of metalwork done on lathes. But i bet they allready have a function for it.

Thian, quick question, can you tell me where in Chinatown (name of a road at least) please you've seen those metalwork places as it's easy to get lost there. Thanks again.