Religious leaders to advise in Phuket beach management

webfact

Religious leaders to advise in Phuket beach management
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- The island’s religious leaders will be joining one of four committees tasked with ensuring the successful implementation, upkeep and management of Phuket’s 10 per cent beach zone policy.

The four-pronged approach will include a consultant board, a management board, local government representatives and a public relations team.

“Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada has ordered me to set up the beach management teams and ensure that we are following all regulations and that none of our actions are illegal,” said Phuket Vice Governor Chokdee Amornwat today.

The consultant board will comprise Phra Visutthi Thamma-kanee, the head of Phuket’s monks; Phuket Islamic Committee President Komon Doomluck; Royal Thai Navy Third Area Commander Sayan Prasongsamrej; 41st Military Circle Commanding General Teenachat Jindangen; Phuket Public Prosecutor Pisitpol Phumsawat; Region 8 Police Commander Tesa Siriwato and Sirinath National Park Chief Kitiphat Tharapiban.

The management board will be led by Governor Chamroen and will comprise relevant officials at the provincial level.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Religious-leaders-advise-Phuket-beach-management/62183?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-10-21

4 committees with all the added expenses are needed & will work seamlessly together to take care of the 10% beach zone policy. I would have thought it was simple, issue a policy & enforce it. I guess he has not received the edict from the PM to root out the mafia because this management board will surely be influenced by the local vested interests.

“Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada has ordered me to set up the beach management teams and ensure that we are following all regulations and that none of our actions are illegal,”

If I understand the law correctly, no one is allowed to make a profit on the king's beaches. Hence the reason they were cleared in the first place.

Now in these 10% zones umbrellas can be rented out. Maybe other things available as well. It seems to me that the 10% zone is illegal already.

And the jet skis and para-sailers still get to use 100% of the beach to make money. Insanity rules on Phukets beaches! facepalm.gif

Also the 10% zone is the only place that anyone who wants to bring their own chairs and umbrellas can use. So they will have to compete for the same space as the people that are renting out umbrellas. Sounds like a perfect cluster-f@#!

“Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada has ordered me to set up the beach management teams and ensure that we are following all regulations and that none of our actions are illegal,” said Phuket Vice Governor Chokdee Amornwat today.

I love these public statements, esp. about "illegal actions".

"The Governor told me to do this and that, and he said also that I should not commit a crime while I'm doing it. "

Howabout including foreign expats amongst those committees? After all, thay are probably a major user of the beaches.

And probably know more about the beach than all the rest of them combined! But there we go using actual logic in Thailand…