School in Isaan gets 9 year olds to make and taste wine

domgaf

domgaf

I think your concerns are valid.

This science teacher sounds like he/she is very irresponsible. And that is a best case explanation.

For 9-year-olds, when the teacher says do this, do that, they do it especially in Thai obedience training primary schools. Telling a class of 9-year-olds to taste home-made wine is totally irresponsible.

Apart from the obvious wrong of commanding prepubescent children to drink,

What was the alcohol content?

How much were they told to drink?

Were the bottles sterilised?

What precautions were in place for vomiting or worse reactions?

What about accidents walking home?

Really, the teacher is not fit to be a teacher.

I take it there were no Moslems in the class.

You are totally correct to raise the issue.

Lighten up here perspective is called for its not the end of the world it's a drop of wine and didn't a so called son of God turn water into wine and up until the early part of the century beer was drunk instead of water as the water quality was so poor!!. Do you not have alcoholic drinks in your place ever!! The law as it stands in UK 14 years old in a restaurant with adults can consume wine and cider he can not purchase it nor can he have more than one glass but the adult he or she is with may buy the minor alcohol. Wine in small amounts isn't going to hurt anyone in fact if we teach our kids one glass of wine or cider or beer is enough from an early age they are less likely to binge drink when older IMHO of course
Found this which I think covers the school as I understand you it is a private school

The Alcoholic Beverage Control Act of 2008 increased the drinking age in Thailand from 18 to 20, private drinking is not regulated in private locations.

A bottle of wine is what the 9 year old had on him. Bit more than a drop!

Hey it Christmas this thread died some while ago lighten up and enjoy the days to come

Just because the last post was a few weeks ago doubt that makes this a dead thread.

So the legal drinking age in Thailand is 20 years. This kid was 9. Perhaps a private school gets around the law although it is still very unethical.

Try doing that in a Australian school.

Quick heads up for you in case your confused we well I and the boy concerned are in Thailand not Australia thank goodness.

The only thing to be confused about here is your english grammar.

Lighten up here perspective is called for its not the end of the world it's a drop of wine and didn't a so called son of God turn water into wine and up until the early part of the century beer was drunk instead of water as the water quality was so poor!!. Do you not have alcoholic drinks in your place ever!! The law as it stands in UK 14 years old in a restaurant with adults can consume wine and cider he can not purchase it nor can he have more than one glass but the adult he or she is with may buy the minor alcohol. Wine in small amounts isn't going to hurt anyone in fact if we teach our kids one glass of wine or cider or beer is enough from an early age they are less likely to binge drink when older IMHO of course
Found this which I think covers the school as I understand you it is a private school

The Alcoholic Beverage Control Act of 2008 increased the drinking age in Thailand from 18 to 20, private drinking is not regulated in private locations.

A bottle of wine is what the 9 year old had on him. Bit more than a drop!

Hey it Christmas this thread died some while ago lighten up and enjoy the days to come

Just because the last post was a few weeks ago doubt that makes this a dead thread.

So the legal drinking age in Thailand is 20 years. This kid was 9. Perhaps a private school gets around the law although it is still very unethical.

Try doing that in a Australian school.

Quick heads up for you in case your confused we well I and the boy concerned are in Thailand not Australia thank goodness.

The only thing to be confused about here is your english grammar.

Oh dear gramer police on xmas day sad sad sad or in Australian sad sad sad coba

• 2 weeks later...