How much does your battery go down overnight on standby

2008bangkok

My battery drains about 15-20% overnight if wifi or 4g is on and about 8-10% if 2g only is on..

Compared to my ipad 3 which loses about 2% with the same apps and conditions set i was wondering what other users battery are like on standby.

I currently have FB, messenger, line, whatsapp on and also use tasker to automate the following:

Wifi connected - turn off mobile data and switch radio to 2g (Night time only)

Wifi connected - turn off data ( all the time)

Wifi disconnecetd - turn on data and switch radio to 3g/4g

Still nowhere neer as good on battery as ipad

You don't charge your phone overnight like a normal person?

Back in the day you used to be able to charge your phone over night and that would be it till the next night, back in those days i did yes.

Being over here there are so many people selling chinese fakes as originals i try not to charge overnight as you never know if the thing will blow up and i have 2 young kids, so i brought an extra charger and charge them up at work through the dock where i can see it and respond quicker and better.

Back in the day you used to be able to charge your phone over night and that would be it till the next night, back in those days i did yes.

Being over here there are so many people selling chinese fakes as originals i try not to charge overnight as you never know if the thing will blow up and i have 2 young kids, so i brought an extra charger and charge them up at work through the dock where i can see it and respond quicker and better.

I have a ventilated ceramic kiln to charge mine overnight in without worrying about these things.

I have a ventilated ceramic kiln to charge mine overnight in without worrying about these things.

What a great idea Pomthai, what make/model did you go with and what price?

If you have an iPhone 5 they suck power like there is no tomorrow my old 4 was 10 times better and my 6+ is 15 times better if its something else you have a fake...or old....

I turn nothing off, only line and viber social network apps and half a dozen what ever apps....im very happy....the 5 was driving me nuts.

Another solution might be to wear one of those lead-lined jackets that you put on when your dicky tooth is x-rayed. Then you can charge all night to your heart's content.

On no account go though immigration wearing it though - it may be classed as a flak jacket, possession of which is punishable by not exceeding death.

WiFi drains the battery very quickly. Turn it off during the night, people can still call you but if you are asleep you dont need the wifi on

Sorry, but that's terrible advice. Wi-Fi isn't a big battery drain, and if you turn it off your phone will just use 3G instead, which uses more battery than Wi-Fi.

Edited by SoiBiker

if you are on an android, use both of these:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootuninstaller.batrsaver&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.awalker.co.iBattery&hl=en

do the settings to your satisfaction and report back. actually there is one more app if you are a heavy user. i added those three and my phone stays less than 2% drain every night. did you root your phone?

please note that if you are a gamer, then battery drains fast!

Edited by Mark T

I've heard Apple is selling phone chargers for iPhones.

Not as as exciting as the ฿100 Chinese ones but they do charge the phone without self-immolating.

Not meaning to be particularly pedantic 'back in the day' for me meant I could charge my phone overnight and that would be it until next week.

I too had a charger fail overnight and fortunately it just popped a circuit breaker. Now, I turn off Wi-Fi and data when I go to bed and charge when I get up if necessary.

WiFi drains the battery very quickly. Turn it off during the night, people can still call you but if you are asleep you dont need the wifi on

Sorry, but that's terrible advice. Wi-Fi isn't a big battery drain, and if you turn it off your phone will just use 3G instead, which uses more battery than Wi-Fi.
I turn Wi-Fi and data off at night, When I wake up it's still on 100%