Some sites redirecting to asnews.com.sg

davejonesbkk

This has happened to me a few times in the last day or so now, cant recall the sites I was on but they were taking ages to load so Id go to another tab and then when I came back this site is there http://asnews.com.sg/, Im pretty sure I didnt click anything else, on one occasion I was opening a business site I deal with often so no idea how this is happening...

On AIS btw

just done a quick scan with Norton and it said all fine, it doesnt look like the kind of thing that would come up with a virus though, also just tried to send a Paypal payment and after hitting send it goes to a 404 page with this

Not Found
The requested URL /appdispatcher/appdisp was not found on this server.
plus other weird behaviour on sites which should be fine.
Also not sure if its just me but speed gets sluggish from about 4pm everyday now

Slow pages you say...

check what DNS your Router and Computer are using. The DNS IP addresses should be that of your ISP or those you've custom entered. If someone has control over your router or malware has changed what DNS IP your computer uses to resolve URL names to IP addresses then 'they' own you.

BTW, what ISP are you using?

Edited by RichCor

I would run disk cleanup in performance tools to get rid of your cookies and check your add-ons and see if any of them refer to the redirect name or were added in the time frame of when you started noticing your re-directs, if so delete or disable them.