Reality Check for arrogant farang

I have a pleasure of many arrogant old men here tell me how a middle class Thai woman is a poor woman in the rest of the world.

My Girlfriend, for example is just a mere admin assistant (with experience) and she is on a 40,000 a month salary,

She is 35 and had her townhouse loan paid off in 5 years (without any help from her parents) and is now pocketing 80-90% of her salary into savings.

This does not even include a bunch of land she will inherit from her parents. She and other "poor middle class Thai women" will be minted more than a bunch of old men here who brag about their high horse lifestyle on 100,000k a month while 50% of their pension goes on leasing the girlfriend.

To me, she (and many other Thai women) are doing much, much better than a bunch of Western women up to their neck in student and personal loans.

If you do not believe me, here is a stat from Thai Visa itself.

post-137452-0-56132400-1445416080_thumb.

Poor middle class Thai women cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with it, as long as you don't marry a farm girl and stay in her village smile.png

And maybe said farm girl doesn't want to marry a bigoted slob and for said person (if the cap fits and I expect it does) to live in her village

She is indeed doing well, 15+years in the workforce and working her way up to an Admin Ass position

What did she do to deserve you?

As per above poster, impressed at the frugality of living on 4-8000 baht a month. That's impressive when living expenses, clothes, entertainment, transport are factored in. Elements of bs in this one.

The Adecco stats, well take them how you will. I currently have some involvement with them on a 3mth project in NZ and have worked with them often last 20 years. Their report is a marketing tool to attract potential clients, not uncommon in global recruitment

My partner is an accountant; earns less than she did in Bangkok, but there's more to life. What Adecco et al don't report on is variances through the regions. They'll report on their better Bangkok roles, significantly different to what the same role will pay in most provincial areas, but then there's quality of life to factor in, and overall lifestyle

Edited by gomangosteen

As per above poster, impressed at the frugality of living on 4-8000 baht a month. That's impressive when living expenses, clothes, entertainment, transport are factored in. Elements of bs in this one.

Elements of BS?

Electricity with the aircon on more than 50% of the time = 1000 baht

Phone+internet = 1000 baht

6000 left for food at the market.

So sorry, but she is not a high spender. Entertainment = reading books on iPad.

Prove it it's BS

Elements of BS?

Prove it it's BS

You don't need to prove anything.

Some of the jealousy on this thread is sickening.

The deal -- very simply -- is that most western men marry hookers. Hence the jealousy.

If I were to tell you who my GF is, the envy and resent would run on for pages.

Mr GuyFromAnotherForum -- you've done well. Stay cool!

Elements of BS?

Prove it it's BS

And how did this highly sucessfull young lady meet an irresistable guy like yourself whistling.gif

Elements of BS?

Prove it it's BS

And how did this highly sucessfull young lady meet an irresistable guy like yourself whistling.gif

Point of the thread is that middle class Thai women don't live in poverty. I have provided my average example of the average middle class woman backed by real numbers from an employment agency.

How I met her is completely irrelevant. I certainly didn't meet her in a bar.

If she is saving 80% of her salary she's living on 8,000 Baht a month, I'm not sure I'd call that successful.

Nasty divorce from a western woman??

rich thais are like chinese never spending there hard earned not even a trip to the cinema, a steak and chips and a pint on payday.

By Thai standards she is very successful , even in the western world she is doing well, Its better not to listen to has beens bringing up the good old days that never were if they were so great why cant they afford to retire some where nice ,

By Thai standards she is very successful , even in the western world she is doing well, Its better not to listen to has beens bringing up the good old days that never were if they were so great why cant they afford to retire some where nice ,

Because our western wife got most of our assets in the divorce?

Because a woman half our age is not affordable somewhere nice?

Take your pick!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I disagree that she is very successful. She does OK. Maybe I am comparing Bangkok to the rest of Thailand, but when I see her friends and colleagues in the office they seem to have much better lifestyles. Maybe because most of them are married and have a dual income.... And that's another thing too. Don't get me started on middle class Thai couples. I'm sure many here think they must be very poor too. Lol.

If she is saving 80% of her salary she's living on 8,000 Baht a month, I'm not sure I'd call that successful.

rich thais are like chinese never spending there hard earned not even a trip to the cinema, a steak and chips and a pint on payday.

We obviously know different rich Thai people.

She may be rich to you, but the OP regards her as middle class spending 4 - 8,000 Baht a month.

I disagree that she is very successful. She does OK. Maybe I am comparing Bangkok to the rest of Thailand, but when I see her friends and colleagues in the office they seem to have much better lifestyles. Maybe because most of them are married and have a dual income.... And that's another thing too. Don't get me started on middle class Thai couples. I'm sure many here think they must be very poor too. Lol.

Well you can't be earning much then, if you have Thai couples who have much better lifestyles than you and your girlfriend, time to increase your lease payments methinks

From the above: Maybe because most of them are married and have a dual income.... You mean that you and your Thai girlfriend are a single-income couple, being hers?

Edited by JLCrab

She may be rich to you, but the OP regards her as middle class spending 4 - 8,000 Baht a month.

I don't get this post. It makes no sense. Who cares how much she spends? That's up to her. How much she earns and how much she had at the age of 35 is what matters. I am simply comparing her middle class lifestyle to a middle class lifestyle of a western woman of same age with a degree from an average university.

I am actually arguing that her lifestyle is better than a lifestyle of a "middle class western woman". As if anyone could afford their own real estate back home on admin assistant salary.

Like I said.... Poor Thai middle class women. :(

I don't get this post. It makes no sense. Who cares how much she spends? That's up to her. How much she earns and how much she had at the age of 35 is what matters. I am simply comparing her middle class lifestyle to a middle class lifestyle of a western woman of same age with a degree from an average university.

I am actually arguing that her lifestyle is better than a lifestyle of a "middle class western woman". As if anyone could afford their own real estate back home on admin assistant salary.

Like I said.... Poor Thai middle class women. :(

Sorry, I thought you were criticizing westerners who "lease" their wives / girlfriends whilst espousing how successful your independent girlfriend is living on 8,000 Baht a month.

From Post #1: I have a pleasure of many arrogant old men here tell me how ...

I have a pleasure of not knowing any arrogant old men here -- keeps my dealing with their telling me of their opinions of Thai women middle class or otherwise much easier.