PM Prayut orders hunt for state website hackers

webfact

PM orders hunt for state website hackers

IMG_20151023_131946-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered the hunting of government website hackers after they attacked the CAT Telecom website recently.

Information and Communications Technology Minister Uttama Savanayon said the prime minister ordered the hunt after hacker infiltrated CAT Telecom website and leaked information of its customers.

He said the prime minister has advised that these ill intention hackers should be hunted down as they have threatened several state websites.

He also advised all ministries and government agencies to take great care of their data bases, while at the same time continue to provide information to the people.

The minister said the attack on state websites had no link to the military cyber warfare unit which is being established.

(Photo : Thai PBS File Photo)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-orders-hunt-for-state-website-hackers

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-23

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Junta Leader, Please be aware that hackers can be located in China, Paraguay, Switzerland or Feroe Islands.

You'd hope that he would have at least a grasp of this simple concept but it's fairly obvious it's beyond him.

"Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered the hunting of government website hackers after they attacked the CAT Telecom website recently."

Dear Junta Leader, Please be aware that hackers can be located in China, Paraguay, Switzerland or Feroe Islands.

Not to Worry. Once a reward is offered, the hackers will miraculously appear in Thailand.

If you told him that face to face he would pull out a map of Thailand and start searching for those locations in Isaan.

ATTACKS BY ANONYMOUS
Prayut orders security beef up following hacking attacks

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha Fridday instructed Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Ministry to tighten security of government's computer system and websites to fend off attacks by a group of hackers ICT Minister Uttama Savanyana posted on his Twitter page.

Uttama wrote that the Prime Minister told him and other organisations under his control to coordinate with the relevant government agencies to prevent the government information and services from persistent attacks by hackers.

"I reported to the PM about the hacking movement [on Thursday evening] and he told me to keep close watch on those who have ill-intention and pose a threat to the websites," Uttama added.

The ICT minister also urged that the [people and businesses] to protect their data with the international computer security standard and to backup their data regulatory.

On Thursday, Anonymous, the international group of activists and hackers promoting internet freedom, announced it was targeting the Thai government in what it called "Operation Single Gateway". Two twitter accounts @anonymouseasia and @LatestAnonNews tweeted the statement of their activities to ##OpSingleGateway with hashtag #Anonymous with the link of the full statement http://pastebin.com/SL0ZaMxT.

In the evening, F5CyberArmy (@f5cyberarmy) tweeted that Cat Telecom compromised exposing 1000s of customers login, passwords, Thai IDs, and more. It also posted a screenshot of some data.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-orders-security-beef-up-following-hacking-a-30271445.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-23

wait... they are not in Thailand? can be anywhere? no way to stop? EVER? what do?

wait... Thai military not on secure server? CIA director hacked? if hack CIA, how we stop? can see my email? ho lee fuk.

you mean there are legions of really smart kids that love this kind of sh*t, just sitting around waiting to attack? no like me?

article xx! gateway! it is my ball I win! I am going home to tell my mother! wait till my brother finds out. you will be sorry.

lets go back to shaking down tourists for jet ski rentals.

I think I remember reading a short while ago that there were problems with the Immigration site.

It was reported that they had pretty much signed their own security certificate therefore making it not secure!

Not to mention most government sites seem to only work on IE

I think I remember reading a short while ago that there were problems with the Immigration site.

It was reported that they had pretty much signed their own security certificate therefore making it not secure!

Not to mention most government sites seem to only work on IE

i buy "certificate" on street in Bangkok. it say i am pilot airplane. same same, yes? good, yes? i do now?

what "Genuine" mean?

hook up network easy. plug in cable, green light come on, then go to facebook. see if work.

"Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered the hunting of government website hackers after they attacked the CAT Telecom website recently."

Not to Worry. Once a reward is offered, the hackers will miraculously appear in Thailand.

... and the Police will bag that reward

"I reported to the PM about the hacking movement [on Thursday evening] and he told me to keep close watch on those who have ill-intention and pose a threat to the websites," Uttama added.

Well, first you have to find them to keep an eye on them.

Someone tell me a very good team of hardworking comedy writers is furiously scripting these stories. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, it's farce, upon joke, upon silliness.

Since the PM is on a hunting expedition he should add to his list much easier quarry to bag:the Easter bunny, Santa Claus, the Loch Ness monster, Sasquatch, and of course the eternally elusive quality tourist that seems always to evade capture.

Happy hunting!

foreign individuals, who have such ill intent for Thailand, who believe they know it better how Thai people should live, will be hunted down sooner or later. at the end of they day they are just a bunch of European - American leftist geeks who do there best to compensate their failure with an opposite gender by internet vandalism.

for the time being they are hiding behind monitors.. but nothing lusts forever wink.png

Edited by TimmyT

You'd hope that he would have at least a grasp of this simple concept but it's fairly obvious it's beyond him.

What is not beyond him?

Since the BIB have the ability to issue arrest warrants regarding the [totally unsolved] Erawan incident without any names, then they can do the same with the hackers -- print out dozens of arrest warrants without a name on any of them.