Good photo shop to convert photo into passport photo

Johnjc

I need to convert some photographs of my daughter that I am going to take into UK passport photo.

Any ideas for a good shop that might be able to do this for me?

EG. Crop to appropriate image for head size etc. and then print at 45mm x 35mm

Many thanks

UK Border will accept original photos only and not digitally manipulated ones. You're best off getting the measurements from the website, and getting new photos taken. Even 1mm out it'll be rejected (Happened to me in Ho Chi Minh).

Thanks for the replies.

Ideally I would just get new ones taken but I do not know if there is suitable place near to where my daughter lives which will produce what I want.

I am only in Thailand for a short time and have only a small window where I can get the documents translated and countersigned by a friend and presented at Trendy.

I do have a 45mm x 35mm punch for passport photos and I have a good camera so quality is not a problem. I just need somewhere in Pattaya to print the photos to the size I need.

Thanks for the replies.

Ideally I would just get new ones taken but I do not know if there is suitable place near to where my daughter lives which will produce what I want.

I am only in Thailand for a short time and have only a small window where I can get the documents translated and countersigned by a friend and presented at Trendy.

I do have a 45mm x 35mm punch for passport photos and I have a good camera so quality is not a problem. I just need somewhere in Pattaya to print the photos to the size I need.

It doesn't matter what you want - it's what the passport authorities want, and pretty much any photo shop can provide that. Why try to re-invent the wheel?

I am not trying to re -invent the wheel. I know what the authorities want. I have asked my daughter' mother for the last 2.5 months to get me some. I have sent the the requirements for the photos 3 different ways. I have 8 lots of unacceptable photos from her. I am flying out t Thailand just to get some suitable photos and hand the documents in.

Believe me, if I can just go to a shop and get them, I will. I have to make sure that I cover all bases this time because I may not be well enough to come out again.

You will need to tell the technician NOT to retouch the photos.

You will need to insist.

No matter what you say, the technician will ignore you and will retouch the photos to make them sooay.

At this point, you must refuse to pay.

If necessary, speak to the manager, call the technician stupid or useless or perhaps slap him on the head.

Insist he redoes them without retouching whilst you watch his every move.

Beware he will try to sneak in a skin whitening or a blemish removal. You must be vigilant.

Eventually he will comply. You must be firm.

I am not trying to re -invent the wheel. I know what the authorities want. I have asked my daughter' mother for the last 2.5 months to get me some. I have sent the the requirements for the photos 3 different ways. I have 8 lots of unacceptable photos from her. I am flying out t Thailand just to get some suitable photos and hand the documents in.

Believe me, if I can just go to a shop and get them, I will. I have to make sure that I cover all bases this time because I may not be well enough to come out again.

Kodak shops and photo shops do this all day long.

Sorry but Convert sounds dodgy. Every place wants original photos. Scanning, copying, existing photos might not pass muster, especially since the agency that uses the photos checks that they are original, un-altered, needs proof they were taken recently, checks the paper the photos are printed on, etc. Not saying you can't get a quality job done, but I am saying you aren't doing what they want.

Sorry but Convert sounds dodgy. Every place wants original photos. Scanning, copying, existing photos might not pass muster, especially since the agency that uses the photos checks that they are original, un-altered, needs proof they were taken recently, checks the paper the photos are printed on, etc. Not saying you can't get a quality job done, but I am saying you aren't doing what they want.

Where does the OP say he is going to scan and copy an existing photo ?

The OP wants a place that can crop (digitally) an existing photo (jpeg) then print them out.... kinda like how a photo shop would do it, hence he is asking about a photo shop.

Not hard to do at home either if you have a decent camera, software to crop/resize the image and a printer with photo paper. I did mine yesterday afternoon for my work permit and extension renewal, took less than 5 minutes.

Edited by Don Mega

Where does the OP say he is going to scan and copy an existing photo ?

The OP wants a place that can crop (digitally) an existing photo (jpeg) then print them out.... kinda like how a photo shop would do it, hence he is asking about a photo shop.

Not hard to do at home either if you have a decent camera, software to crop/resize the image and a printer with photo paper. I did mine yesterday afternoon for my work permit and extension renewal, took less than 5 minutes.

"Crop (digitally) an existing photo." The OP ever said he had a digital (jpeg) file. You said that. I simply said anything other than the original photo on the original paper is pretty much clearly stated to be prohibited in most immigration and passport rules. And if he doesnt' have an existing digital file, then one must be made via scanning, re-photographing, etc. Can a good quality re-production be done? Absolutely. Many current cameras or scanners will have better resolution than the original photo had so nothing will be lost image-wise. But the original photo will still have been processed. Might go undetected and accepted, might not. OP might be asked if this is original, might not. Prepare the poker face just in case.