Hun Sen Rejects a Report on His Meeting with "Forced" Cambodian Students in France

geovalin

PHNOM PENH, (AKP) – Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen has rejected a radio report in France saying that all the Cambodian students in France were forced to meet with the premier, if not they will lose their scholarships.

“I feel very ashamed of the opposition party that tried to deceive people like this,” said Hun Sen in his message posted on his official Facebook page prior to his departure for an official visit in France this evening. “I’ve never ever forced anyone to sit and listen to me. What I regret the most is when Cambodian politicians stop such deception.”

The prime minister stressed that it is their right to come or not to meet him, adding that the meeting is aimed to pay them a visit and to share with them the country’s internal situation, and it is made at the invitation of Cambodian people, students and members of the Cambodian People’s Party (CPP) living and studying in France.

Samdech Techo Hun Sen also called on the opposition party to stop such degrading act, saying that it’s enough for him, the CPP, and the Royal Government of Cambodia.

“I hope that you have some embarrassment and enough intuition to be a true Cambodian citizen,” underlined the Cambodian premier.

Meanwhile, the Royal Embassy of Cambodia in France issued yesterday a statement denying the report of Cambodia Media Network (CMN) radio in France over the meeting between Hun Sen and Cambodian students in France on Oct. 25, saying that the meeting is made based on a voluntary basis and without force.

According to Hun Sen, he is scheduled to hold a get-together with over 700 Cambodian people, students and CPP members who are living and studying in France.

source: http://www.akp.gov.kh/?p=70785