The 2nd waiver

Too

Hello,

I've been teaching here in Thailand on my 1st waiver now.

I'm actually planning to move to another school next year.

I heard that you'd probably be able to get the 2nd waiver

from TCT but I'll still have 1 year left on it then.

Can I get the 2nd waiver one year before my first waiver

expires? If so, will there be any other requirements for it

such as doing the Thai Culture Course?

Thank you in advance.

As I understand it the waiver goes with the school, not you; it is theirs, they apply for it, they keep it. It allows you to work at that school only. If you leave to take up a new job, your new school has to apply for a new waiver and if that is granted it will be for two years. Five years or so ago such a process was relatively simple, but I am not sure it is today. Others may shed light on this.

As I understand it the waiver goes with the school, not you; it is theirs, they apply for it, they keep it. It allows you to work at that school only. If you leave to take up a new job, your new school has to apply for a new waiver and if that is granted it will be for two years. Five years or so ago such a process was relatively simple, but I am not sure it is today. Others may shed light on this.

Not sure about your statement that a "waiver" is theirs? Many schools might do all the paperwork for an employee, send it to Khurusapha and it's much easier to actually be successful than doing it by your own.

But a lot of Baan Nok schools don't know much of the procedure(s) and leave you completely in the rain.

If you're very lucky, somebody from the school takes all the stuff to Bangkok and comes back with the provisional license.

OP, your waiver will be over when you leave the school and you have to apply for a second one. Even when you'd only worked two weeks on it.

The last two schools only gave me the needed documents, I sent all to the TCT, waited more than two months just to find out that there's a stamp on a document missing. <?>

Of course did the not let me know what was wrong. Then I had to drive to Bkk, good luck that I had all the documents with me and finally left on the same day with my new "waiver."

If you go there in person, you'll meet the "gloved guy".

I still got this guy's lovely voice" in my ears.......A Stephen King movie at midnight is less shocking than this guy.

OP, you'll lose your one year if you quit your current position and it always depends on their "mood", if the give you a second one, or not.

You might make a new friend at the TCT, the "gloved and always very friendly" employee who's working at the foreign teachers' section.

The employee of the century. Make sure that you have all needed documents when you go there in person.

post-158336-0-82485100-1445846878_thumb.

post-158336-0-34211400-1445847073_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

OP, your waiver will be over when you leave the school and you have to apply for a second one. Even when you'd only worked two weeks on it.

The last two schools only gave me the needed documents, I sent all to the TCT, waited more than two months just to find out that there's a stamp on a document missing. <?>

Of course did the not let me know what was wrong. Then I had to drive to Bkk, good luck that I had all the documents with me and finally left on the same day with my new "waiver."

I still got this guy's lovely voice" in my ears.......A Stephen King movie at midnight is less shocking than this guy.

OP, you'll lose your one year if you quit your current position and it always depends on their "mood", if the give you a second one, or not.

You might make a new friend at the TCT, the "gloved and always very friendly" employee who's working at the foreign teachers' section.

The employee of the century. Make sure that you have all needed documents when you go there in person.

Yes, I know that my 1st waiver will be void when I've left my school next year.

The school director has actually been financially in trouble now and cutting my

teaching hours and my salary accordingly so I think it better to move to another

school with the 2nd waiver next year.

I went to TCT to apply for the 1st waiver on my own and made it no problem.

I'll go there again to apply for the 2nd waiver by myself when the time comes.

Will there be any other documents required for the 2nd waiver like a certificate

which proves that I've done a Thai Culture Course? I'll definitely go for the 2nd

waiver with the new school without any other documents required for it.

Will TCT be ready to issue the 2nd waiver even if the 1st waiver hasn't been

used up?

However, it'll be more than a nightmare if I leave my school but TCT refuse to

issue the 2nd waiver to me next year. I may as well renew my contract for one

year as run a bad risk and then do a post-grade course in education. I'm not

sure...

Edited by Too

teaching hours and my salary accordingly so I think it better to move to another

Will there be any other documents required for the 2nd waiver like a certificate

which proves that I've done a Thai Culture Course? I'll definitely go for the 2nd

used up?

sure...

Yep.

Edited by lostinisaan

used up?

sure...

Yep.

Thanx for your response.

What I do want is go for the 2nd waiver with a new school next year.

I heard, however, that some foreign teachers have successfully got

the 2nd waiver from TCT and others have been denied one. I'm afraid

I won't be able to show TCT any proof of self-development required for

the 2nd waiver when I apply for one next year and if I should be denied

the 2nd waiver, I'll have to leave the country, as you can imagine.

You'll definitely be stunned to know how much I'm paid by the school

(private) now. The payment of our salary for this month is going to be

delayed, making the Thai teachers mad. No wonder as many as 5 Thai

teachers left school at the end of last semester and there are at least 3

more teachers (2 Thais and 1 Filipino) who are going to leave school

at the end of next semester, maybe more.

Again, I'm really eager to go for the 2nd waiver with a new school without

any proof of self-development next year if possible, and I just want to know

if any foreign teachers have successfully got the 2nd waiver without any

proof of it.

Edited by Too

So, why is the second waiver difficult? Mine came in weeks of employment.

How do so many end up with many more? Some have been here years, working illegally? Is it just luck and the culture course on third waiver?

Would it matter if a person had some prior credentialing from home? Obviously experience is not necessarily a +

Is it the weight of the school?

How can schools get away with so many contractors?

Taking a graduate diploma for 35-40k seems like a very big waste of time and money. One is not even certain it will be recognized.

Edited by Mencken

So, why is the second waiver difficult? Mine came in weeks of employment.

How do so many end up with many more? Some have been here years, working illegally? Is it just luck and the culture course on third waiver?

Would it matter if a person had some prior credentialing from home? Obviously experience is not necessarily a +

Is it the weight of the school?

How can schools get away with so many contractors?

Taking a graduate diploma for 35-40k seems like a very big waste of time and money. One is not even certain it will be recognized.

Exactly. I do hope the 2nd waiver is not difficult to get without any proof of

self-development like a certificate of a Thai Culture Course.

I just thought that you'd be able to get the 2nd waiver with no problem.

To be honest I have no idea what the truth is.

Good luck.

I'd go with a big govt school in Bangkok and avoid agencies for a variety of reasons. I may be moving on as well but it will be my third waiver. If they won't give me one I'm neither busted nor pushed out of Thailand so perhaps a different kettle of fish.

Just as a hunch, and its only that. Americans with proper degrees/majors fare best, even if its a third tier school. I also try think Pinoys fare well in the multi waiver process. No idea.

UK has a bunch of tiny dodgy schools with no name recognition. In addition, they are asking for police clearance for this lot now. Then you have the EU and S Africa. Sketchy for the degree, translation, then complications like TOEIC. Lots of barriers to an ez yes.

My suspicion is TCT is more flexible when your app is more clear cut yes.

Irish/SA/Dutch guy, applying for third waiver, marginal university, sketchy major, five years no improvement, never taught in schools with name recognition, photos unimpressive...maybe not.

I'd definitely have your school admin do the app for you. You'll just piss them off. If you fail to get the waiver by asll means go plead your case. But if the school doesn't know ftw I'd run.

Good luck.

I'd go with a big govt school in Bangkok and avoid agencies for a variety of reasons. I may be moving on as well but it will be my third waiver. If they won't give me one I'm neither busted nor pushed out of Thailand so perhaps a different kettle of fish.

Just as a hunch, and its only that. Americans with proper degrees/majors fare best, even if its a third tier school. I also try think Pinoys fare well in the multi waiver process. No idea.

UK has a bunch of tiny dodgy schools with no name recognition. In addition, they are asking for police clearance for this lot now. Then you have the EU and S Africa. Sketchy for the degree, translation, then complications like TOEIC. Lots of barriers to an ez yes.

My suspicion is TCT is more flexible when your app is more clear cut yes.

Irish/SA/Dutch guy, applying for third waiver, marginal university, sketchy major, five years no improvement, never taught in schools with name recognition, photos unimpressive...maybe not.

I'd definitely have your school admin do the app for you. You'll just piss them off. If you fail to get the waiver by asll means go plead your case. But if the school doesn't know ftw I'd run.

Thank you for your comment.

I'll definitely get a new school admin to apply for my 2nd waiver

when the time comes just like I did have my school admin apply

for my 1st waiver.