Tourist visa application - flight departure exceeds visa validity. What to do?

The Thai consulate in Melbourne requires me to mail in an e-ticket/itinerary with my visa application. My departure date is 89 days after my arrival date, but the tourist visa only lasts 60 days. I understand I can get a 30-day extension, but what will the consulate think of this?

Should I apply for a double-entry visa just to be 'safe', so that it doesn't look like I'm trying anything 'shifty'?

Or would the consulate regard getting an extension as perfectly normal/acceptable and issue the single-entry visa?

Just send them a reservation copy no need to send them the tivket now 9 it always works).

and in the reservation copy ( if possible as the agent to make a booking only show them a flight details of 55 days and keep the original ticket with you.

Or simply send the 90 days one and try your luck.

The Thai consulate in Melbourne requires me to mail in an e-ticket/itinerary with my visa application. My departure date is 89 days after my arrival date, but the tourist visa only lasts 60 days. I understand I can get a 30-day extension, but what will the consulate think of this?

Should I apply for a double-entry visa just to be 'safe', so that it doesn't look like I'm trying anything 'shifty'?

Or would the consulate regard getting an extension as perfectly normal/acceptable and issue the single-entry visa?

You get a 60 tourists visa then you have to live you can't get a 90 day one in Melbourne but you can get 2 60 day ones but you have to go out and in of thailand after the frist 60 days .

I never did that scenario with a tourist visa, but I have done it most of my trips with the 30 day visa exempt. I never really know when I am going to return, so I typically book the return further out, or in a few trips I had an open ended return. Then when I am getting ready to return, I start deciding what flight to change to for the return. EVA usually doesn't charge for changing the itinerary on the Return leg of the trip. I never had a problem or even a question with the airlines or immigration at BKK

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just an update. I sent a copy of my flight booking showing a departure date 90 days from arrival and I was given a single 60-day visa, so that was good. I'm sure plenty of people do this.

Congrats, I knew you would be alright, mate.

Note that Immigration are now trying to implement a non-existent rule relating to the number of entries within a 6 month or 12 month period. Seems to have a sexist bias as well. Female officers repeatedly try to stop too many visits of less than 30 days within that period, than male officers. Any suggestions?

Note that Immigration are now trying to implement a non-existent rule relating to the number of entries within a 6 month or 12 month period. Seems to have a sexist bias as well. Female officers repeatedly try to stop too many visits of less than 30 days within that period, than male officers. Any suggestions?

Nobody is attempting to limit the number of entries which holders of valid visas make ....................