Double entry visa- Vientiane

Just an update on double entry visas. Just got my third double entry visa back to back. Got a stamp that next time maybe I won't get a visa. I expected this. I only got the visa because of problems with my papers for a marriage visa only need a month but thought try a double just in case.

The consulate has changed it's application process ( sorry if someone has posted this and no trolls please). Everybody queues up in one line. You go passed a desk and you hand in your passport and paperwork and you are handed a ticket to come back, pay and collect your passport the next day. If you want a visa other than a tourist your sent to another place.

Only other thing I learned from chatting to other visa runners was that younger (20-30ish) with multiple visas (three and in one case 7 double entries) got single enteries but no extra stamp.

Edited by johninbkk71
  • Like 1

thanks for letting us know.

i am going soon for a 2nd double entry in a row and was a little worried.

anything about changing visa policies after Nov 13? You'd think they'd have a sign or something to let people know.

The notice was posted it suggested single entry tourist visa would be 2000 and if you want the new multiple entry 5000, but you can only get it in Laos if you reside their.

anything about changing visa policies after Nov 13? You'd think they'd have a sign or something to let people know.

The notice was posted it suggested single entry tourist visa would be 2000 and if you want the new multiple entry 5000, but you can only get it in Laos if you reside their.

Single entry TV 2000 Bht ?

Are you sure about that ?

It's on their website too. So that's all I know.

It's on their website too. So that's all I know.

This is what the web site says

VISITOR ( TOURIST ) 1,000 Thai Baht
NON-IMMIGRANT ( Single Entry ) 2,000 Thai Baht
More care needed!

It doesn't state anything about double entry tourist visas on their website so it looks like they may be finished.

Only

Transit visa 800b

Single entry 1000b

Non immigrant Single entry 2000b

Non immigrant multiple entry 5000b resident only.

Edited by ldiablo

It doesn't state anything about double entry tourist visas on their website so it looks like they may be finished.

Only

Transit visa 800b

Single entry 1000b

You are right it does not, however this well known visa company are still doing trips and are saying DE are still available for the moment, maybe the Embassy website just hasn't been updated for a long time?

The visa company are pretty reliable when it comes to updating new info,

http://www.thaivisaservice.com/

Only

Transit visa 800b

Single entry 1000b

You are right it does not, however this well known visa company are still doing trips and are saying DE are still available for the moment, maybe the Embassy website just hasn't been updated for a long time?

Well according to the bottom of the website which is dated 2015, it's also possible that their website has been recently updated in anticipation of Nov 13th.

I do agree that Claudio is very reliable.

Only

Transit visa 800b

Single entry 1000b

Well according to the bottom of the website which is dated 2015, it's also possible that their website has been recently updated in anticipation of Nov 13th.

I do agree that Claudio is very reliable.

Hard to say at the moment, if the info on the Embassy website is correct then that would mean that DE are not available now which seems not to be the case according to the Visa Run company

If you're referring to the year at the very bottom of the site all websites have this, it doesn't mean that the site has been updated recently

It's a game of wait and see at the moment it seems

Edited by darrendsd

Could you take a picture of this notice?

Are you sure its only available for Laotians?

Could you take a picture of this notice?

Are you sure its only available for Laotians?

I think he is possibly confused, this is taken from the Embassy website as others have posted,

VISA CATEGORY Fee (per entry per person) VISITOR ( TRANSIT ) 800 Thai Baht VISITOR ( TOURIST ) 1,000 Thai Baht NON-IMMIGRANT ( Single Entry ) 2,000 Thai Baht NON-IMMIGRANT ( Multiple Entries ) 5,000 Thai Baht (ONLY for Resident Applicants)

Non O is 5000, not Tourist Visas

Edited by darrendsd

Been there few days ago. Tourist visas still available, 1000B per entry. Not asking any paper but passport, copies, two pics, the form. Very long queues as only one desk is setup to submit requests and collect the day after.

Hi maxtingtong

I think it is known that single tourist visa is available - However do you know if the double tourist visa is still available?

<partial quote>

Transit visa 800b

Single entry 1000b

resident of...?

Still working on understanding all of this.

Aloha

Laotians and legal residents of Laos.

i am in my 20's, so i hope I am not getting a single entry smile.png

oh well, if that happens, just hangout on the beaches in Vietnam or Philippines or head to South America smile.png

My life isn't ruled by a Thai visa smile.png .... but i still want the double entry 555

Wow! You are so cool. ;-)