Plus sizes on samui

you can check on Chaweng beach road, across from Tropical Murphy's and a few meters from Mc Donald's you'll find a shop named " XXL" - has been there for years, and still was last year ( I'm not in Samui currently) - I saw large sizes XXXL etc... more casual than formal

Edited by Opl

you can check on Chaweng beach road, across from Tropical Murphy's and a few meters from Mc Donald's you'll find a shop named " XXL" - has been there for years, and still was last year ( I'm not in Samui currently) - I saw large sizes XXXL etc... more casual than formal

That shop is indeed called 'XL for Men' but it would fail trading standards anywhere else as shoppers invariably leave empty handed. The irony of their smaller-than-a-phone-box changing room and the width of their aisles shouldn't escape the OP either....:)

Img712.jpg

Edited by evadgib

The xxl shop is next door to McDonalds on chaewng beach road. Yes crowded with merchandise but towards the back they have xxl and stock europostale and other European brands t-shirts button collar shirts shorts etc men's and ladies.

They do not have looose cargo style shorts just the denim a more fitted style for men. Thai fashion, large sizes. But there's a lot of stock all folded and stacked up worth a look .

Failing that order online a brand you trust or take a trip to Bangkok if you are here long term ie more than 6 months it could be worth your while.

Failing that the juncelon shopping centre phuket sells a fair amount of xxl and xxxl clothing for men. Not so much for women.

You can order in large sizes in central shopping centre if your budget is in this category. My colleagues do this when they need very large but in a style that they prefer.

Lastly I have bought my partner who wears xxl men's (Australian sizing hence very large) board shorts and knockoff abercrombie and Fitch cargo shorts in Nathon. On the one way road heading away from police station back towards waterfall/hospital south direction. In the first 200m on the right hand side.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks to all for sharing!

Haven't got round to trying yet will probably go gave a look tomorrow.

Also info on shops that stock orthopaedic shoes such as Ecco or dr. Scholl would be appreciated. I saw some eccos in a shoe shop in central but they only stocked until 44.

I work 12 hrs daily on my feet and the ones I bought from home are fast wearing out. Shipping from home would be expensive but I guess worth it if there are none to be found. Bought a pair from findig as a backup, wore them couple of times to end up with a backache and swollen feet by the end of the day.