Skype Out Inside Of Thailand

Upcountry

Wondering if anyone knows how to call a Thai landline with Skype Out from inside Thailand?

The only number combination that seemed to work for was this: +1662xxxxxxx

(I used x's in place of the actual last seven digits).

Unforutnately, this seems to get interpreted as a US number (+1-662-xxx-xxxx)

+16602xxxxxxx did not work, nor did +102xxxxxxx, etc.

Maybe this isn't possible, but I wish it was, because landline calls from upcountry are expensive and the bank I call seems to charge a lot for calls to their help line.

It would be expensive to do anyway....you would be paying international rate for this service calling mobile would be 11 thb and landline about 1.5 thb

calling a mobile is less expensive when using mobile or landline

J

Thanks folks,

Normally I use my mobile to call Bangkok or other mobiles, but Bangkok Bank charges to use 1333 Bualong phone, and, based on how my calling card got sucked dry calling their regular number, I suspected that the cost for that was more than just calling a Bangkok landline from my mobile. I could be wrong, but that's the way it seemed. I haven't asked them if and what they charge if I avoid 1333.

I've been shocked at the price of calling Bangkok with my TTT/TOT landline, so I try to avoid that.

I know your problem, but Skype may not be your best bet. I always see people with small tables with a couple or more mobile phones on them, sitting in front of banks and other businesses around town with signs saying "2 baht a minute" for phone calls. I've never used them but it may be worth it for you depending on the type of mobile service you have. I never use my landline to call anyone outside of my province.

Using Skype Out calling from within Thailand to another Thai number the rates should be:

2.4 baht to a Bangkok landline.

4.5 baht to a Thai mobile.

4.4 baht to all other Thai landlines....

however for a 133 number none of the above may apply. I noticed recently when calling my bank overseas on their 133 type number that it was costing me about 25 baht per minute using Skype Out. :o They then gave me their regular non toll free number when l asked and l now use that, only 80 satang per minute :D big difference, so always keep an eye on how much credit you use when making calls. Ask Bangkok bank for a non toll free number, they must have one.