Two men die on same Phuket road within two hours

webfact

Two men die on same Phuket road within two hours
Eakkapop Thongtub

1446182351_1-org.jpg
In the first accident, the driver of this pick-up died after smashing into the back of a parked 18-wheel truck.

PHUKET: -- Two men from Phattalung were killed within the space of two hours this morning (Oct 30) when they were both involved in separate accidents on the northbound side Thepkassattri Rd in Thalang.

Police Lt Col Sanit Nookong was first called at 2:30am to investigate an accident where a pick-up truck had crashed into the back of a stationary 18-wheel truck about 200 metres from the Makro store on Thepkassattri Rd.

Police, Thalang Hospital EMS unit and Kusoldharm rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a Ford pick-up smashed into the back of the parked 18-wheeler. The driver of the pick-up, named as 38-year-old Thasapong Unsiam, was unconscious and trapped inside the vehicle.

Once removed from the vehicle he was immediately taken to Thalang Hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.

The driver of the 18-wheel truck, Anurat Chomphoo, 40, told police that he had parked the truck on the roadside while he prepared to make a delivery to Makro. His hazard lights were turned on, but the pick-up slammed into the back of his truck.

Witnesses told police that the pick-up truck driver came at high speed and slid before crashing into the back of the truck.

“No one heard a braking sound prior to the crash so it is possible the driver fell asleep behind the wheel,” police were told by one witness.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-men-die-on-same-phuket-road-within-two-hours-54748.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-30

I wonder why the 18 wheel truck driver id not pull into the big empty Makro parking lot and do his

preparation to unload there. No need to stop on the roadway and turn on 4 way flashers that were

probably caked in road grime as they so often are. Of course the pick-up driver was speeding.

That is usually the case here but plenty of blame to go around. Not just for the dead guy. RIP sad.png

Speeding speeding speeding, happy that this stupid idiot killed himself before killing others. People who drive like idiots not deserve nothing else, only imagine he would have killed a foreigner why driving with high speed, this would have cost him 500 THB and an "apology", one more idiot out of the roads is more safety for all others.

Speeding speeding speeding, happy that this stupid idiot killed himself before killing others. People who drive like idiots not deserve nothing else, only imagine he would have killed a foreigner why driving with high speed, this would have cost him 500 THB and an "apology", one more idiot out of the roads is more safety for all others.

Another news report states that the dead man's family are seeking 'compensation' from the company that owns the big rig.

Jeez ... money is the first thought every time In Thailand. Even my own long time Thai wife watching a news story anywhere in the world says to me ... who pays for the dead person ...

Blood money here in Thailand trumps any sort of potential criminal charges.

Jeez ... money is the first thought every time In Thailand. Even my own long time Thai wife watching a news story anywhere in the world says to me ... who pays for the dead person ...

Your wife should get her law degree...she sounds like a "natural" ;-)

Your wife should get her law degree...she sounds like a "natural" ;-)

Yup and would then have a top qualification as a politician in any western democratic Government (what's in it for me then I will think about my constituents). sad.png

LivinginKata: Nothing personal about your wife. It is the Thai way of thinking.