Ricky Ponting Is The World's Leading Cricketer.

I see England are doing very well against the Windies right now, I guess we are sporting world champs again...

Trev

dream on fishy baby, :o

the minnows fighting IT (where is he any way?) out for bottom spot in the cricketing world, beware when you get in the main pond, the big fish will swallow you.

• 4 weeks later...

since i am married to a tamanian i hear all about this....Australias recent form though is good for cricket. They have so dominated the sport in the past 10 years it has become boreing. Most Australians i know would agree too. Of course they like to win, dont we all, but when its a foregone conclusion...it takes the gloss off a bit.

Just have to say ,even though we are a pissweak state ...we have produced two of the best batsmen in the last 20 years. Remember Booney ??they actually have a statue of him outside Bellerive oval(pidgoen shit an all) I can't see Ricky breaking his beer drinking record though. Only grumble I have is our best players are taken away for summer and never win the chocalate milk cup. Did win the one day comp back in in late 70's early 80's ext with the help of windies imports. What does this have to do with LOS....nothing, i am just drunk and waving tthe apple isle flag. Any other taswegians out there ?

Just  have  to say ,even though we  are  a  pissweak state  ...we  have  produced  two of  the  best  batsmen in  the  last  20  years. Remember  Booney ??they  actually have  a  statue  of  him outside  Bellerive  oval(pidgoen shit  an all) I  can't  see Ricky  breaking  his  beer  drinking  record  though. Only  grumble  I  have  is  our  best  players  are  taken  away  for  summer and  never  win the  chocalate  milk cup. Did  win the  one  day comp back in  in  late 70's  early  80's  ext  with the  help of  windies  imports. What does  this have  to do with LOS....nothing, i am just  drunk and  waving  tthe  apple isle  flag. Any  other  taswegians  out  there ?

Not many 2 heads around this forum 350, most don't leave the hop isle, they too busy chasing their sisters or daughters. :o:D

Maybe !2call is taswegian, I know he comes from an island near the poms and tassie is only 1200 miles from the south pacific poms :D

• 2 weeks later...
Just have to say ,even though we are a pissweak state ...we have produced two of the best batsmen in the last 20 years. Remember Booney ??they actually have a statue of him outside Bellerive oval(pidgoen shit an all) I can't see Ricky breaking his beer drinking record though. Only grumble I have is our best players are taken away for summer and never win the chocalate milk cup. Did win the one day comp back in in late 70's early 80's ext with the help of windies imports. What does this have to do with LOS....nothing, i am just drunk and waving tthe apple isle flag. Any other taswegians out there ?

My Dad's a Taswegian. So what does that make me? No, don't tell me....

Do Taswegian's still celebrate Boon day? Now that's a fair dinkum honour, to have a holiday named after you! Also, the Boon walk (?waddle). As for Punter - he's a legend.

Come on Aussie Come one...

Edward B

Yeah, there is a Booney day . Everyone is Tassie gets free beer and plastic moustaches, jk. Seroiusly, I think there is a Booney day , more celbrated in Launceston(Boags country) than Hobart(Cascade) cause that's his hometown same as Ponting. Cough, cough, cough...oh well I think Roger Wooley came from Hoabrt, anyone remember him.... didn't think so :o

Interesting a friend of a friend used to watch Booney playhigh school footy and said he was a magic rover ..had the ball on a string :D Guess he was one of those annoying guys who could kick ass at any sport he tried. Right now he is a bank manager in Hobart :D