Hearing Aid

KC 71

I've not seen anything in Chiang Rai.

I checked the "clinic" in Pantip Plaza in CM last month, the prices were around 50,000 to 100,000 baht.

I'm tempted to buy one on ebay HongKong where they are a fraction of that price.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2053587.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xhearing+aids.TRS0&_nkw=hearing+aids&_sacat=0

I have seen a place selling Seimens in Chiang Mai Pantip plaza.

Depending on the type you buy you may need to buy them from an audiologist as they now have multiple channels which must be set up by a computer program for each person.

As a guide in Austrllia the government pays $450 for each aide to pensioners etc. The aide that they buy is of a type usually selling for about $750 an ear there..

They are not cheap.

I am a hearing aid wearer. Although I don't know this for for sure but most of the hospitals should have the capability to dispense and sell hearing aids. I was able to to buy a replacement Siemens aid for about 15000 Baht. Although that was quite a few years ago. I would be very surprised if all the hospitals both private and Government didn't offer this service. Again an assumption on my part from past experience

Archived