Ubc Issues?

Hobgoblin

Hi,

I'm curious as to what other UBC subscribers experience in the way of weak signals and outages. Each time it rains heavily, I get the "E52 Searcing for Signal" error on a blank screen. I got used to this, but today, it's simply cloudy and I'm getting a lost signal.

Is anyone else in the Pattaya/Eastern area experiencing similar issues, or is it most likely a problem with my dish that I will have to get UBC to repair?

There are sun outages this time of the year, but only during the daytime, and not more then 15 minutes per outage.

If it stays down for longer periods your dish might be out of alignment, or the LNB (receiving head on your dish) might be getting close to the end of it's life!

The 60cm offset dishes UBC installs are perfect for clear days, but they are not adequate when heavy clouds or rain is obscuring the skies. The 80 cm versions are already much better

I have my ubc receiver hooked up to an foot dish I wasn't using anymore, and since have never had any outages when bad weather's around...

I have UBC cable, not the dish, and I've had weak signal problems for half a year now... usually after about 7pm until the morning... finally some UBC guy came over today and gave me a new box, but i'm still getting the same weak signal... really getting on my nerves. Customer service is crap too over there at UBC... TIT

I have UBC cable, not the dish, and I've had weak signal problems for half a year now... usually after about 7pm until the morning... finally some UBC guy came over today and gave me a new box, but i'm still getting the same weak signal... really getting on my nerves. Customer service is crap too over there at UBC... TIT

Have the UBC guys check your cable and the connection to the main box in your soi.

We had this problem about two years ago, it was caused by a corroded connector at the box where our cable comes out; or your directional filter (where the black cable goes in and the white coax cable comes out) may need replacement.

Customer service is quite OK at UBC when using e-mail (response time less than 24 hours) but the technicians they send haven't got a clue what they are doing (they only can change a box) so you have to direct them to where the problem may be.

opalhort

For the OP it does sound as though you dish is misaligned or the LNB

(the little thing in the middle) is faulty.

You should only loose signal in heavy rain.

I had this problem a couple of years back and after many calls it was resolved. :o