Patong Carnival gets underway with 'Seven Wonders'

webfact

Patong Carnival gets underway with ‘Seven Wonders’
The Phuket News

1446445286_1-org.jpg
The Patong Carnival got underway on Sunday with its 'Seven Wonders' parade. Photo: Patong Municipality

PHUKET: -- More than 1,000 people turned out for the launch of this year’s Patong Carnival, which officially got underway at 5pm yesterday (Nov 1) with the annual parade, this year under the theme “Seven Wonders”.

There were Thai traditional dancing and live music performances as the carnival began, this year for the first time being held in conjunction with the Patong Seafood Festival, from November 1-3.

The three-day event will maintain its traditional full schedule of entertainment, displays and activities people to take part in, Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup explained last week.

“But for first time the Patong Carnival and the Patong Seafood Festival will be held at the same time, so people will have much to enjoy,” she said.

“All the parades and cultural shows will still be part of the festival, but the big attraction will be the Seafood Festival.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-carnival-gets-underway-with-seven-wonders-54783.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-02

Jet ski rip offs, criminal ladyboys, drownings, skimmers, illegal tour operators, tuk-tuk taxi mafia. Incredulous land scams and disputes......Yep.....Thats seven.....

Why, I wonder, have I never been affected by any of the "negatives" you mention?

Perhaps as a 'newbie" with only 10 years experience of living here I will have to wait a little longer for "Them" to get me.