Registering a Business in Bangkok

Hello Thai Visa Subscribers,

A question(s) on registering a business in Bangkok, as it may (or may not) be different for other provinces.

I am wondering if one can register a business at a rented residential address, with the consent of the landlord?

If so, can more than one business be registered at that address?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

You can register a company at a rented address. We certainly don't own our office space. The problem is that the rental contract must be in the name of the company, and the landlords usually want to see the company registration papers before they would sign a rental contract with a company... Chicken and egg.

As far as I know, more than one company can be registered at a single address.

Of course owners have to pay taxes on rental income, like in any country. As a company renting space, you want a tax receipt for the rent you pay, so that you can claim it as cost.

This is normal business practice, so I don't understand your point. There are many office buildings around that rent office space to companies. It is normal that you rent the space when you start your business...

Q: I am wondering if one can register a business at a rented residential address, with the consent of the landlord?

A: Yes. However residential leases normally stipulate no business is to be conducted at the premises. You need to check what your contact says.

Q: If so, can more than one business be registered at that address?

A: Yes.

Of course owners have to pay taxes on rental income, like in any country. As a company renting space, you want a tax receipt for the rent you pay, so that you can claim it as cost.

This is normal business practice, so I don't understand your point. There are many office buildings around that rent office space to companies. It is normal that you rent the space when you start your business...

Main questions already answered correctly so no point to repeat.

As for tax issue, tax is due either way. But with business there is a registered record of lease and income which landlords who prefer to declare less and avoid tax don't like.

Offices for rent expect it so different situation.

All down to your landlord and your lease. Some ok, some say no.

Archived