Dental Clinic Recommendations for Crown and Implant for Wife

rjcampbe

Hi all,

My wife needs to get a crown installed and a dental implant to replace a molar that was badly impacted and had to be extracted.

The dentist we see in the neighborhood is fine for cleanings and checkups (usually all we need) but I don't believe they are the right place for this kind of work... so we are shopping around.

We checked the Bangkok Dental Hospital on Suk 49 but it's the Ritz of Dentists, apparently, and just the implant is over 100k baht.

In the states I'd call the dental referral line and go from there... doesn't seem to be an option in LOS, so I'm asking here.

Anybody have a place they would recommend? Qualified, equipped, and at a reasonable price point?

We live in Thonglor area of BKK, but open to areas nearby.

Thanks.

I smashed my face in and need 3 crowns and an extraction starting next week until about 6 weeks. That is a lot of work and I have been to several places to check competence and prices, I did this accident in January! I live in HH and I am using a clinic named 'Smile' ob sou 34/30 in Phetkasem. The entire work I was quote 54,000 but that is 3 crowns, an extraction, a filling and 2 post pillars. Hope this helps but guessing you are not in HH

Thanks for the info Monk.

We are searching for the right place to get it done. At least it isn't an urgent issue and we have time to look.

Yes shop around if you have the time, great idea. Look at the state of the clinic, how well the dentist speaks English is often a good indicator of them being well educated, and you can read reviews online of course. There are dental clinics all over HH though as are there pharmacies, never have I been to a country where these 2 businesses plus 7/11s exist in such numbers lol

BDIC has the top implantiogist and top Struman Roxolid SLA active implants and it's not over 100 but close and worth it . To get another brand and use implantiogist who is not number one what will you save ? Look at that amount and really ask yourself is it worth it to save so little on something so important . Dr./Professor Chatchi is second to none when it comes to placing and implant not just in Thailand but in the world and has done thousands . You can see him featured and discussing the new bone level Strumann implants on Strumann's You Tube channel . Be so careful when having implant especially if it's molar and choose best Dr. and implant . Strumann and Chatchi and BIDC is best money ever spent on this very important purchase . I had many done there after years of researching so many options in the US and Thailand . I see so many only look at price as if all implants and Doctors are equal . Thanks for letting me share .

EAO2015

http://www.straumann.com/en/eao2015.html