Buying a Ford Ranger Wildtrack pickup

Najinsky

After youve owned it for 6 months youll be the one telling us your horror stories about it and the non existing customer service in Thailand.

The problem with your post is that it was proved wrong well before you even started typing, LOL :)

We'll see.

Ford

On

Road

Dead

What's that, pick 4 words, put them together and hope they make sense?

Maybe we can all try it? Start a competition....

Can if you want however Ive already won because I dont own a Ford in Thailand.

Ignore him. I expect it's a feeling he already knows quite well.

Fix

Or

Repair

Daily

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, getting back to the Ranger, I was looking at another Mitsubishi which has done well for me over the last few years with a Triton and now Pajero I am looking at a new truck.

I really feel buying the new Triton, although great value and fantastic interior is just like going for second grade.

Ford

Obviously

Rescues

Dogs

Here is a Ranger v HiLux test.

Well done - I think you found the only reviewers that give the Toyota a favorable result tongue.png

Here's another one - that has them all - however, as with Broken Record's video, not the top-spec Wildtrak though (even though all competitors are the top-spec):

Edited by IMHO

And here's another mega test that can't be embedded - you'll need to click the link and scroll to the bottom of the page to watch the video:

http://www.motoring.com.au/reviews/2015/commercial/4WD-dual-cab-ute-2015-comparison-verdict-54508

Again, not the top spec Wildtrak - just an XLT - but another win for the Ranger.

If you test drive these things for yourself, without any brand bias, you'll come to the same conclusion too - but you'll also realise these guys are all being very diplomatic - the Ranger doesn't actually win by a narrow margin like they suggest - it's a daylight first place, IMHO.

That's motoring journalism for you though... just like all those reviewers that couldn't bring themselves to go on record and say the J32 Teana quite simply outclassed the Accord and Camry of it's generation. But it did.

Edited by IMHO

With respect, the Aussie XLT is higher spec than the Thai one.

I mean from the POV these journos are comparing things like wheel sizes, styling, and interiors.

Seriously, in Broken Record's review, the Hilux scored a "point" on wheel size, LOL, and the Ranger lost a point for the chrome bumper.

Edited by IMHO

I mean from the POV these journos are comparing things like wheel sizes, styling, and interiors.

Seriously, in Broken Record's review, the Hilux scored a "point" on wheel size, LOL, and the Ranger lost a point for the chrome bumper.

According to another TV expert, Ford obviously paid the journos more money than the other manufacturers.

According to another TV expert, Ford obviously paid the journos more money than the other manufacturers.

Perhaps that explains why they're so kind to the others when presenting their summaries? tongue.png

e.g. What do you think this guy (or the guys around him nodding their heads) really wanted to say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_1xKxYi_EA&feature=youtu.be&t=7m34s

biggrin.png

Edited by IMHO

I remember VW planning to sell Amoraks in LOS for ~2M. Never actually seen one on the road (not surprising) so maybe it didn't happen, or maybe everyone bought Hiluxs instead.

Perhaps VW could do a PPV version with super low CO2 emissions to compete with the PJS. whistling.gif

Edited by Jitar

On my WT, not a single satang spent on bling, waste of money.

You can put as much lipstick on a pig as you like, but its still a pig. wink.png

I bought a roller shutter and reverse sensors, and that's that.

Ohh and a very expensive kids seat for my son so he sits safely, Thais would rather spend that money on fat tires for some unknown reasons.sad.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up buying the 3.2L 4x4 model.

Ordered it Last week on Tuesday, got the call yesterday that it here and collected it today.

Car was delivered in good order, no obvious issues with it and it was a very nice drive back from the garage.

It's early days but I'm really impressed with the car. Thanks for all the comments.

post-227617-0-24725000-1447949118_thumb.

Ended up buying the 3.2L 4x4 model.

Ordered it Last week on Tuesday, got the call yesterday that it here and collected it today.

Car was delivered in good order, no obvious issues with it and it was a very nice drive back from the garage.

It's early days but I'm really impressed with the car. Thanks for all the comments.

attachicon.gifwildtrack.jpg

Congratulations! Good luck with it.