Post Office Box

flatlobster

I would like to obtain a Post Office Box in Chiang Mai at the Post Office at 104/1 Chang Khlan rd.

I am not in Thailand at the present time so I would like to request advice on how to do this remotely, if possible.

I can ask friends who live in Chiang Mai to act on my behalf but would like to make it really easy for them by providing any information on "How To" best achieve this.

Is it possible to do this via an agent acting on my behalf?

Any info or advice is welcome;

cost

suggestions

etc..

I checked PO boxes at a number of Post offices recently and the only Post Office with spare boxes was at Bosang.

The best way to get a box is to get your friend preferably a Thai to apply - its easier. They need copies of passports if farang and ID card if Thai etc. Once the box is obtained mail in any name can be delivered regardless of who applied.

Cost around 200 Baht from memory.

Edited by likite

I checked PO boxes at a number of Post offices recently and the only Post Office with spare boxes was at Bosang.

The best way to get a box is to get your friend preferably a Thai to apply - its easier. They need copies of passports if farang and ID card if Thai etc. Once the box is obtained mail in any name can be delivered regardless of who applied.

Cost around 200 Baht from memory.

Thanks for the info.

This will help.

I will pass this on and with some luck there may be some boxes become available in other locations.