Getting the name of an insurance company with only a plaque number

Police report. I am pretty sure this information is not in the public domain so you will need to go through the police unless you have a friend who works in the police or the Land Transport Dept.

Bear in mind, many drivers here don't have any extra insurance other than the minimum compulsory government insurance. That would not cover damage to your property.

Well, it is a hateful family member who maliciously did the damage using their car. I know the name of the person driving as well as a Vdo from my security cameras and the license plate number form the car. She drives a new car so the best insurance is compulsory. Going through her to get information or to try to collect is a waste of time and she will just say it was my fault for leaving something where it would get hit by her. So my only option is to find out her insurance company name and make a claim using the Vdo footage I have.

If the property is your vehicle or your house, I am sure your vehicle insurance or your house insurance would love to pass the bill on to another insurance company.

Do I understand from your post that you do not wish to make a police report? If so, the likelihood of another insurance company paying out is much reduced.

Sounds like what ever got hit may not be inside the property line, of course telling us what it was would help us decide whether the thread is worth itwhistling.gif

Ok so let me go into further detail. My wifes sister drove over my driveway lighting deliberately and vengefully. There has been animosity among her and my family since i started repairing and remodeling the family house. These lights were imported from the USA. She has yet to even acknowledge that she destroyed them however i have security cameras everywhere that show her actions clearly.

I will be filing a police report. I just need to know how i can learn which insurance she carries by using her plaque from her car.

Ok so let me go into further detail. My wifes sister drove over my driveway lighting deliberately and vengefully. There has been animosity among her and my family since i started repairing and remodeling the family house. These lights were imported from the USA. She has yet to even acknowledge that she destroyed them however i have security cameras everywhere that show her actions clearly.

I will be filing a police report. I just need to know how i can learn which insurance she carries by using her plaque from her car.

What do you mean her car's "plaque", do you mean registration plate?

You can't unilaterally make a claim on someone else's insurance policy so how will knowing which company insures her car help you? Leave it to the police to sort out if you're going to report it.

Ok so let me go into further detail. My wifes sister drove over my driveway lighting deliberately and vengefully. There has been animosity among her and my family since i started repairing and remodeling the family house. These lights were imported from the USA. She has yet to even acknowledge that she destroyed them however i have security cameras everywhere that show her actions clearly.I will be filing a police report. I just need to know how i can learn which insurance she carries by using her plaque from her car.

What do you mean her car's "plaque", do you mean registration plate?

You can't unilaterally make a claim on someone else's insurance policy so how will knowing which company insures her car help you? Leave it to the police to sort out if you're going to report it.

Her license plate for the car

Sounds like your sister in law is really a plague.

The insurance will not pay if the action was deliberate. If she does not want to pay you are screwed, same like everywhere else in the world. You can file a police report for deliberate damage to your property and go to court. Big change this will cost more as the new garden lights.

Install the next garden lights on a steel pipe, 20 cm diameter, filled with concrete and mounted on a deep buried concrete stand. Maybe it also protects the house if she comes back with a bulldozer the next time.

The answer to your question is that you can't. A registration plate has no details on it apart from the registered number.

Archived