Bought second hand imac, can not download updates!

lemel

I bought a second hand Imac, 4 year old, which had been cleaned by the previous owner.

We updated to 'El Capitan' and everything was good. Now we have some updates but it wont allow me to download them, see attached screen shot. Does anyone know how I can sort this out, unfortunately I am a dummy when it comes to sorting things like this out. I live in outside Jomtien and would appreciate any help of anyone, who knows how, or knows someone to help resolve this problem.

Brgds,

L

post-9381-0-11515600-1446519145_thumb.pn

Edited by lemel

The app that needs to be installed using a different Apple ID than the one that is currently logged into the app store

So either the app was installed by the original owner using their Apple ID (in which case you'd probably need to delete the app and download it again from the App Store and pay for it again if it's not free)

Or you've switched Apple IDs in the store since downloading the app originally - for example you downloaded it wit your wife's Apple ID and now you are logged in with you Apple ID

Hi Narkeddiver,

thank you for that, it seems to have helped, tried uploading individually rather than as a group, asked me 2 times for my password but then worked for some of them. Also removed some apps the original owner had downloaded, so removed them and then downloaded the app again. so far seems to have worked.

I bought a second hand Imac, 4 year old, which had been cleaned by the previous owner.

Also removed some apps the original owner had downloaded, so removed them and then downloaded the app again. so far seems to have worked.

Very confusing thread. Your OP states that you purchased a clean iMac and you then go on to say that you've removed apps that the previous owner downloaded. That isn't a restored iMac, is it.

Ok what I meant was that he cleaned all his stuff off, obviously there was some apps he had downloaded and he had changed all the passwords and supposedly reset to factory but this was not the case.