Dog has little bites all over her

Have a little French Bulldog, very short coat. I notice when I run my hand through her coat feel many little scabby areas, like insect bites. Doesn't seem to worry her too much and can't outwardly see anything. Should I be worried or normal here?

Vet required to be sure. Could be bites but I suspect skin problems as bulldogs seem to have problems in the hot and humid climate.

Maybe even sunburn?

You need to get it diagnosed and proceed from there, special shampoos may become a regular need.

Fleas, mosquitoes or ticks at a guess.

I found 'Bigbang Spray' very good are deterring insects from biting or staying in the coat.

You should consult a vet for a professional diagnosis.

I reckon fleas or Mozzies but if the OP can't see the one or the other then a vet is necessary, skin infections should be prevented, not healed.

The injections are to protect to dog from tick infection , they do not stop them biting etc. You can get a anti tick collar which may help and you can get a liquid that you apply monthly to their neck again does not always work. You need to break the life cycle of the tick which is very difficult. Special anti-tick shampoos can help.

Sorry to say that it does not work like that. Ticks can hop and move long distances and are easily carried on the wind. I have been fighting them for years. There are some good creams around which help the healing, one I have found to work well is a natural cream called DiabeDerm 20% made by Bangkok Lab & Cosmetic Co. Heals the skin leasions very quickly.Have a go

Ticks can live anywhere, even in your house.

They are a bloodsucking parasite and can cause Lyme disease, even in humans.

They are a constant problem and hard to eradicate.

Injections, collars, powders, shampoos all help, but are not 100% effective.

You need to check through his coat daily removing any you find.

I personally use tweezers and grab them at the base, by the head, before pulling them out.

When full they will drop off your dog, crawl in a crack and lay more, so you get an infestation.

I use a variation of the above treatments and keep my lawn regularly mowed.

I also spray the lawn and around the house twice a year with a chemical for this purpose.

If you remove ticks, first put some pressure on the area to stop the bleeding then apply an antibiotic ointment to prevent infection.

Ticks are sturdy little parasites and not easy to kill.

Crushing them can still leave the eggs intact.

Some recommend putting them in a glass jar for 24hrs, filled with a little alcohol to kill them before disposal.

I personally put them in a tissue, fold, then set light to it to incinerate everything.

Just put 'Ticks' into the Search box on Thai Visa. Lots of threads about the problems they create with animals.

I use Frontline Plus that I buy once a month from our vet for my two chihuahuas. It is applied directly to the skin on top of their necks so they can not lick it off.. It works very well for us.. I also suggest you feed the dog the best dog food you can find. One that has more protein then corn or rice mill that is prevalent in most dog food. I use the gold version of Heart Smart made specifically for small dogs and my little guys are healthy, happy , and look great..

Thanks all for your help. I thought if a dog got a tick it normally they would get sick and die? I know sometimes a dog born in a tick area can have some immunity

It seems that something is irritating your dog`s skin and the dog is either scratching it`s self or biting or both.

Check your dog`s fur for any signs of white flakes in-between the hairs. This is known as walking dandruff, a minute mite not visible to the naked eye that burrows into the dog`s skin and hence the dead skin on the fur. If you find any white flakes go to a decent vet and buy some Advocate. If no signs of any white flakes, the dog could have a flea infestation, also difficult to see with the eye even on a short haired dogs. Then buy some Front line.

Shower the dog with a mild dog shampoo, don`t use any shampoos that are suppose to kill parasites, they don`t work and are poison. Once showered and clean if in the case of the white flakes, administer the Advocate on the next day, not on the same day as the shower. Because the skin and fur should be completely dry. If no white flakes administer the Front Line, again on the following day.

You should complete this procedure once every month.

http://www.worldofcatdog.com/product/advocate-4-0-ml-3-month-pack-flea-worm-control-for-extra-large-dogs-25-40-kg/

https://fetch.co.uk/frontline