Russian fugitive arrested in Phuket for role in multi-million-baht ESP fraud case

webfact

Russian fugitive arrested for role in multi-million-baht ESP fraud case
Phuket Gazette

rus.jpeg
Mr Gasanguseynov allegedly misappropriated money from people wishing to obtain parapsychological and extrasensory services. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Immigration scooped up a Russian fugitive in Phuket who was wanted by Interpol in a more than 62-million-baht clairvoyance fraud case.

Eldar Gasanguseynov, 29, was charged in Russia for ‘extremely large-scale misappropriation by fraud committed by the [sic] organized criminal group’.

Working within an organized criminal group, Mr Gasanguseynov allegedly misappropriated money from people wishing to obtain parapsychological and extrasensory perception (ESP) services.

Mr Gasanguseynov is wanted for fraudulent activities committed between October 18, 2010 and September 14, 2012, operating under the names of the following companies: Centre of Development; QuadroMed; AltraMed; AlphaMed; Biolife; and International Academy of Clairvoyance.

Russia had cancelled Mr Gasanguseynov’s passport and his permit to stay in Thailand had expired, Phuket Immigration Office Chief Sunchai Chokkajaykij explained at a press conference today.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Russian-fugitive-arrested-role-multimillionbaht-ESP-fraud/62281?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-11-05

Hiding his hand coves with a towel, does that mean: look at me, i'm not a criminal, we are just three friends on the way to the interrogation room to have a friendly chat.

Lock up this scam artist and throw away the key.

Edited by bander

It amazes me how reliant Thai people are of "superstition" e.g. spending stacks on "lucky number" sim cards, changing car number plates because the numbers aren't lucky. This is just another expamle of a worm convincing Thais that he can foretell the further and supposedly bring luck and good fortune.

I guess not unlike "faring" around the globe heaping money on dating sites only to find their "love is lost" along with their savings.

Dump him in the sewer I say.

It amazes me how reliant Thai people are of "superstition" e.g. spending stacks on "lucky number" sim cards, changing car number plates because the numbers aren't lucky. This is just another expamle of a worm convincing Thais that he can foretell the further and supposedly bring luck and good fortune.

I guess not unlike "faring" around the globe heaping money on dating sites only to find their "love is lost" along with their savings.

He scammed Russians not Thais

Come on, If anyone is stupid enough to pay millions for those services, they deserve to lose their money. This guy must be really good to convince people of is "skills".

Lol.... reminds me on some Thai gals who spend MILLIONS for some (black) sweettalk on the internet..

How GREEDY (and stupid) can some people be eeh !? They also deserve to lose their bahts... whistling.gif

Russian fugitive arrested in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

1446695539_1-org.jpg
Eldar Gassanguseynov was arrested in the car park of Nai Harn Gym in Rawai.

PHUKET: -- A Russian fugitive who was wanted in his home country for fraud and extortion relating to demands for “protection fees” from his countrymen amounting over B60 million has been arrested by Phuket Immigration police in front of a gym in Nai Harn.

The announcement of the arrest of 29-year-old Eldar Gassanguseynov came at a press conference held yesterday (Nov 4).

At the press conference, Phuket Immigration Chief Col Sanchai Chokkhayaikit said that Eldar was wanted on an Interpol Red Notice, or international wanted persons alert, for fraud. It is alleged he was part of an organised criminal group which demanded “protection fees” from people in Russia.

Col Sanchai said, “Officers spotted him in a the car park of Nai Harn Gym on Wiset Rd in Rawai. When asked by police, Eldar confirmed that he is the wanted man so they took him to the immigration office.”

During questioning, police learned that Eldar had first entered Thailand in 2014. However, he said that he had moved between Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates and Thailand with relatives since that time.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-fugitive-arrested-in-phuket-54820.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-05

Hiding his hand coves with a towel, does that mean: look at me, i'm not a criminal, we are just three friends on the way to the interrogation room to have a friendly chat.

Lock up this scam artist and throw away the key.

I think people who seek out this type of super human powers and bielieve in ESP medicines. Have t bear some of the responsibility of being stupid....

Doh,he duped farings in his own country,Russia.Do you actually think Thais would go to a faring to predict their lottery numbers.

Come on, If anyone is stupid enough to pay millions for those services, they deserve to lose their money. This guy must be really good to convince people of is "skills".

"Come on, If anyone is stupid enough to pay millions for those services ..."

Maybe that's why he came here. If he read all the posts on TV by or about those farang who lost their money when they were easily outwitted and convinced they had found "true love" in paradise, he probably thought this would be the mother lode for gullible targets.

Edited by Suradit69

First I read it was a protection racket not I read it was an ESP scam. They have taro card reading

phone scams in the USA. Not against the law there. I am left scratching my head. Maybe

something lost in translation. whistling.gif