Mosquitos

jdrags

The traditional method is to have a bunch of water filled bowls with lotus plants and mosquito eating fish in the garden. (and NO other standing water)

Unfortunately many [urban] thais are forgetting about the traditional mosquito control methods in favour of pesticides...

I have seen the fish method in action...seems to do a decent job, and fun to watch !

I wonder how many rai of rice paddy I would have to clear around my house if I adopted this strategy :o:D

None, if they are farmed without too much pesticides. Then you'll have fish in them whenever there is water.

How right you are, they are full of fish, frogs, crabs and snakes... :D

Lemon grass planted around the house is supposed to work. I had them all round a place i lived in once. They are also supposed to keep snakes, centipedes and other nastys away. God knows how many snakes, centipedes and scorpions i would have had to remove if i hadn't of had the lemon grass there. As it was, one of each a day was the most i saw in the bedroom! The 3 snakes living in the bathroom came in through the roof, sneaky buggers eh. So that proves the Lemon grass works as the only place i didn't have it was the roof!

Lemon grass planted around the house is supposed to work. I had them all round a place i lived in once. They are also supposed to keep snakes, centipedes and other nastys away. God knows how many snakes, centipedes and scorpions i would have had to remove if i hadn't of had the lemon grass there. As it was, one of each a day was the most i saw in the bedroom! The 3 snakes living in the bathroom came in through the roof, sneaky buggers eh. So that proves the Lemon grass works as the only place i didn't have it was the roof!

เสลดพังพอน (Barleria Lupulina) is also supposed to keep snakes away. Has nothing to do with mosquitos though, but since you mentioned snakes... :o