double tourist visa from vientiene report. also OVERTIME PAYMENT at friendship bridge.

i got a double entry tourist visa at vientiene no problem. submitted on monday 2 nov. picked up on tuesday 3 nov.

previous visas,

triple entry tourist issued in london,

ed visa issued in vientiene but cancelled after four months,

triple tourist issued in london with the thirty day extension at the end of each sixty days.

a couple of people i spoke to also had no problem getting a double tourist visa.

i did not ask about the new METV visa, the lady looked far to busy.

i think it will get more coverage than the new james bond film!

overtime payment at friendship bridge.

when i crossed into loas from nong khai on sunday 1st nov. at the friendship bridge.

and after completing immigration on the loas side, i was not allowed to go through the electric barrier

and was sent back to a booth just as you get off the bus, to pay an extra 50 baht before i was issued with a key card

to allow me in to loas.

this is an OVERTIME payment for people who work on saturdays or sundays.

excuse me if this has already been posted but i have never seen it before.

The over time fee is charged on weekends and after normal working hours. In the past it was added onto the visa fee. It is $1 US.

just curious if it's only one dollar US , in who's pocket does the extra 15 baht end up?

Arthur Daley would certainly have considered that to be a right little earnergiggle.gif

It looks like Vientiane are being lenient one last time before METV

I think this is true, because they know after Nov 13 they're not going to be making that much money anymore.

Since they're no longer offering DE visas, i might as well go to a place like Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and get the single entry and I don't need to get a visa to enter that country.

Edited by DanceAllNight

It looks like Vientiane are being lenient one last time before METV

I think this is true, because they know after Nov 13 they're not going to be making that much money anymore.

Since they're no longer offering DE visas, i might as well go to a place like Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and get the single entry and I don't need to get a visa to enter that country.

yes interesting point about the cost of entering alternative countriessmile.png you forgot to mention Vietnam which is also offering Visa free status to many countries now.

I wonder if the Savanakhet consulate had any inclination as to what degree this change in visas would affect their business after Incurring all those costs involved in moving to much bigger premises?