How Is Maxnet Now?

sbk

Dear Forum,

I am totally frustrated at my inability to get my Maxnet fixed, when I have had a problem since August 25. Repeated calls to the helpline produce in most cases politeness, in some cases rudeness, and the best I get is they will contact a technician. I have had a technician visit to no avail.

I have an erratic connection as now so I type on the message board, click add reply and then my router flashes saying there is no signal.

And I have to retype the message.

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best

Bill Z

PS This one I typed in Word first in case!!

I'm having the devils own time with my MaxNet connection, where before i was able to play streaming radio and play online games, now i cannot even perform one of these tasks successfully!

I'm seriously considering a change in ISP, but what are the options?

sbk,

I have been using Maxnet for about 7 months now with only occassional down times. I am very satisfied and have never had to ask for any assistance to fix any problems. I have the cheapest adsl service at 590 baht/month plus VAT, and I must also say that I live in Lamphun so I don't think there are all that many other people using it at the same time so the lines are probably not as crowded as it may be in other places, and my house is only about 300 to 400 meters to the connection point. I would also like to let you know that I have a friend who has also been using Maxnet for about the same amount of time as I have. He has been living in Hang Dong and is in the process of moving into another house south of San Patong. He is getting a new TT&T phone for the new house, but he is not able to transfer his one year Maxnet contract to his new phone number. They told him that they are not accepting any new customers at this time, and are putting him on the waiting list. For his one year contract, they are freezing it so he doesn't have to continue paying every month, and they will start it up again when they can get reconnect him, but they could not give him a time frame for when this might happen. So it's back to dial up for him.

higgy

The first thing to do when you are having problems with any adsl connection is trying to determine if it is a problem with the ADSL carrier (TT&T or TOT or True in Bkk) or actually a problem with the ISP.

In the case of TT&T Maxnet, eventhough you only pay one bill, there are still two services running. One is the ADSL carrier and the other is the ISP part, where I think Maxnet(ISP) partners with Ji-net (Jasmine) to offer the internet...

If there is a problem with the adsl carrier you can change ISP's as much as you like, it won't make any difference at all! You would still have to deal with TT&T (the ADSL carrier provider) to get the problem solved...

Problems with the ADSL carrier can be caused by faulty phonelines/cabling, bad equipment at the exchange's side etc.

Problems with the ISP part can be slow speed/bandwidth, refused password/username etc...

New prices, my husband hears. Any info on this? Any feedback on Maxnet's performance of late?
The only "new price" that I'm aware of is that in certain eligible areas, they now offer MaxNet 1000 (or MaxNet 1Mb?) for B1,000 per month, in addition to the MaxNet 256 & 512 at their "old prices" of B590/B790.

Anybody else have different/newer info? I prepay six months MaxNet 512 at a shot, and when it's due next time (Nov?) I plan to ask if I can upgrade to MaxNet 1Mb.

New prices, my husband hears. Any info on this? Any feedback on Maxnet's performance of late?

I run Maxnet (dont ask me for how long , time is so fluid here :o ) and I am very happy with it

I had a few teathing problems the first couple of days (I phoned up and was put through to an english speaking techie who was excellent) but since then I have never had any problems with it, and it works very well for VOIP via MSN messnger

Occasionally it goes down but TIT

We are looking at the cheaper one, we only get DSL during the day time anyway so would much rather pay the cheaper one for the 12 hours we have it.

I am guessing that they will limit new customers in certain areas?

New prices aren't that new then I guess. We haven't looked for quite awhile so we were unaware of the 590 b/mo offer.

Maxnet here in South Pattaya is erratic.

I have a 1mb connection, but I can only seem to get the full 1024 between the hours of 3AM and 8AM. The rest of the day, I seem stuck at speeds more common with 256, even 128 speeds.

I heard that the international bandwidth pipe is overloaded or undergoing upgrades... does anyone know anything about this, and when or IF it will ever get fixed?