Tourist Visa Stamped For 90 Days Is Rumour, Anyone Know More?

i guess this will flesh itself out in a few weeks but i had read (i think) in pattaya today and told by a few friends that the tourist visas will as of october 1 give you 90 days. the visa was stated to be non-extendable as opposed to the one that can be extended now (60+30) > for b1900!!! (i never extended bah!).

when i did my visa run to penang i was given a single (fyi) and it was stamped for 60 days (sept 17+/-).

* i hope so becasue that is worth the b1000, proper value when you account for either trip to penang or mailers w/ tracking numbers in home country.

* it saves leaving the country after two mos -why bother w/ visa if you have to leave every OTHER month instead of every month?

a single two month visa or even a double two month visa and i will be movnig on. that is on par with mafia 3rd world govts like vietnam, cambodia and myanmar. i think lao is second most pricey one month visa i know of - so much a rip i stopped visiting.

anyway - thx ..........

Edited by h5n1

Thus far, the only source for this alleged change in the inital entry stamp given to an entrant using a tourist visa is the story from Pattaya Today. I've yet to see one person post that they have received a ninety day entry stamp from a tourist visa since 01 October.

i guess this will flesh itself out in a few weeks but i had read (i think) in pattaya today and told by a few friends that the tourist visas will as of october 1 give you 90 days. the visa was stated to be non-extendable as opposed to the one that can be extended now (60+30) > for b1900!!! (i never extended bah!).

when i did my visa run to penang i was given a single (fyi) and it was stamped for 60 days (sept 17+/-).

* i hope so becasue that is worth the b1000, proper value when you account for either trip to penang or mailers w/ tracking numbers in home country.

* it saves leaving the country after two mos -why bother w/ visa if you have to leave every OTHER month instead of every month?

a single two month visa or even a double two month visa and i will be movnig on. that is on par with mafia 3rd world govts like vietnam, cambodia and myanmar. i think lao is second most pricey one month visa i know of - so much a rip i stopped visiting.

anyway - thx ..........

This was posted by George yesterday and refutes the 90 day claim

90 day TR visa claims false

this really sucks becasue a 90 day tourist visa is precisely what makes it all worth it.

from home: you would get 6 mos and mailing your pp off would be worth all the tracking...charges. if awarded a triple, you have to pay 1000b more but at least you have six months. if you are only given a double, this is imo not worth the hassle. ill take my 3 runs and move on.

penang: you only get a single (60) and it costs b4000 all in for the trip/visa/room... which makes the visa the most expensive in asia next to pakistan.

there is no freaking way i will pay no have i ever b1900 to extend my visa in thailand. that is insane.

thank you for info an dlink -