Mitsubishi will maintain price of Pajero Sport

webfact

Mitsubishi will maintain price of Pajero Sport

BANGKOK: -- Mitsubishi has announced that it will maintain current retail prices for the Pajero Sport for customers, who place orders for the popular PPV (Pickup Passenger Vehicle) model today but are scheduled to receive the vehicles next year when the new CO2-based excise tax structure takes effect.

Starting from January 1, 2016, the excise tax rate for PPVs will be raised from the current 20 per cent to 25-30 per cent depending on CO2 emission levels. The Pajero Sport officially emits 200g/km of CO2 and is equipped with active safety features, putting it in the 25-per cent excise tax bracket, said Morikazu Chokki, president of Mitsubishi Motor Thailand Co Ltd.

"Although the excise duty will go up by five per cent next year, in order to thank our customers for choosing the Pajero Sport, we will maintain current prices for those who will have their vehicles delivered next year," he said.

In addition, Pajero Sport buyers also get free insurance, 24-hr emergency service and body kit worth Bt14,000.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Mitsubishi-will-maintain-price-of-Pajero-Sport-30272396.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-06

The comment is about the new PJS, I'm curious why OMG thinks it's the worst riding SUV when the competition includes Fortuner, MUX and Trailblazer.

I've only driven our Everest a few times but it rides very well. On the highway it's as smooth as the X-Trail but quieter, very good for a PPV. Steering is a bit dull but its a nice drive. Not gonna win any fuel economy runs though.

Edited by Jitar

The comment is about the new PJS, I'm curious why OMG thinks it's the worst riding SUV when the competition includes Fortuner, MUX and Trailblazer.

I've only driven our Everest a few times but it rides very well. On the highway it's as smooth as the X-Trail but quieter, very good for a PPV. Steering is a bit dull but its a nice drive. Not gonna win any fuel economy runs though.

Sorry, I should have qualified my statement...worst ride quality and handling of the new crop of truck-based SUVs, i. e., Everest, Fortuner, and PJS (MU-X is a few years old).

Sorry, I should have qualified my statement...worst ride quality and handling of the new crop of truck-based SUVs, i. e., Everest, Fortuner, and PJS (MU-X is a few years old).

From my own test drives, If anything, I'd characterise the new PJS as being overly soft - at the expense of handling/confidence. It's neither uncomfortable or sporty.

Edited by IMHO

From my own test drives, If anything, I'd characterise the new PJS as being overly soft - at the expense of handling/confidence. It's neither uncomfortable or sporty.

I upgraded the suspension in my PJS with Oldmanemu Nitro shocks. Very good ride now.

No surprise there as it's the worst riding and worst looking of the current crop of Thai SUVs.

They actually are a very comfortable car and drive well. I own one. DELETED thumbsup.gif

What I drive is beside the point...we're discussing the new Mitsu PJS...so we'll put you down as very satisfied with its comfort and handling. smile.png

No surprise there as it's the worst riding and worst looking of the current crop of Thai SUVs.

LOL..... You should always add "in your opinion" to a statement like that.

In my opinion you couldn't be more wrong, sure, the looks are different, but everybody has their own preferences! However the ride is way better than the old Fortuna 4x4 (and the new one) and the interior spec and safety features beat the Toyota there too.

I have been driving the old Fortuna, my friends wife has just got the new Fortuna and even her husband has said the new MPS is a better ride. More responsive, tighter, more solid feel..... And I agree.....

BUT.... all this is completely irrelevant to the article about pricing really!!! Good marketing by Mitsubishi, now I wonder if the others will follow suit?

I upgraded the suspension in my PJS with Oldmanemu Nitro shocks. Very good ride now.

Old model PJS or the new one? AFAIK, OME R&D is done in Australia, and the new PJS is still on the boat?

That said, the tuning for the old model probably works for the new one anyway - not much has changed in chassis/geometry, outside of the steering rack ;)

Edited by IMHO

I have a Thai friend who buys and sells a lot of cars, he owns 2 car yards here in Surin. He is very successful and I have bought and sold 2 cars with him. He seems to know a lot about cars. Any way, to the point, he says the Pajero is a far better car than any of the others including the Fortuner. He drives one when he has access to all the others.