Money In The Bank Marriage Extentions At Nong Khai

Hi,i am due to extend my marriage visa at the end of the month(3rd year) and am worried the three month balance of 400,000 before application will be applied straight away.I got the wife to phone Nong Khai and got two different answers,yes and no. :o No one seems to know if it is retroactive or starts three months after 1st October.

Anyone done a successful extention after 1st October at Nong Khai with either the 400,000 balance for marriage or the 800,000 for retirement and not had that balance for the previous three months

I thought it might be a good idea to have a "success" thread so that people who are worried do not have to wade through hundreds of posts. :D

Edited by aletta

We have one poster who fits both. First refused and then approved with same paperwork but two different officers.

I believe what will happen at most places is that the money is going to be closely looked at - but do not believe they are going to tell anyone "you should have known" what was not known. Like the recent increase in the support amounts there will probably be a period of informing people to do it that way next time.

Don't forget, the 3-months in the bank is an exception allowed for those who are renewing (ie, were already extending before the new law) and who can't meet the combined 40,000 baht/month income requirement. But, if you meet the 40,000 requirement, no 3-months in the bank required (at least as I interpret the new National Police Order, below):

(6) In case of the applicant who is

married to a Thai wife, one of them

or both of them need to have the

total annual income that is

averaged out not less than 40,000

Baht per month. Except for the case

that the said foreign national has

entered Thailand before this Order

is enforced and the foreign national

has been permitted to stay in the

Kingdom by the result of having

married to a Thai wife, then if the

applicant does not have the said

income, then, the latest 3 months

records of the account book of any

Bank in Thailand with the account

name of either or both parties need

to have the amount of money not

less than 400,000 Baht.

agencies.

5. According to the Criterion No. 6,

the applicant is required to attach the

certificate of having the savings in the

bank account of any Bank in Thailand

and copy of the bank account, or

evidences of personal income of either

party or both that shows the total

income of both parties not less than

40,000 Baht per month, such as the

evidence of the personal income tax

filing and the receipt, evidence of being

a pensioner, credentials of receiving the

interest of the saving money, or the

evidences of having other income from

other related organizations.

So, for those who can cobble together income tax statements and "evidences of having other income from other related organizations" showing gross income of around $12,000/year, you'll meet the requirement. (A requirement all newby extension filers will have to meet.)

[interesting. No mention of notarized Embassy/Consulate proof of income. Is this no longer accepted in lieu of evidence of actual income receipts....?)

So has anyone done a grandfathered application for a marriage visa extention after 1st October?That is,used bank balanceof 400,000 rather than the new 40,000 Baht income.

Nong Khai is notoriously fickle,is it better to go to Bangkok to do the extention?

Edited by aletta