The "New" On Nut Beer Garden

Jonathon

A few of us might have opened this thinking that the venerable Beer Garden on soi 7 had finally closed its doors, but since I stay a lot in On Nut most months when visiting Bangkok I realise that you are talking about the closure of the beer garden and market at BTS OnNut, so thanks for the heads up.

Will check it out. OnNut's eating options are rather poor (though if you don't mind small crowded tables, some of the street food around TescoL is good) so we need to keep the night market food vendors going

A few of us might have opened this thinking that the venerable Beer Garden on soi 7 had finally closed its doors, but since I stay a lot in On Nut most months when visiting Bangkok I realise that you are talking about the closure of the beer garden and market at BTS OnNut, so thanks for the heads up.

Will check it out. OnNut's eating options are rather poor (though if you don't mind small crowded tables, some of the street food around TescoL is good) so we need to keep the night market food vendors going

I agree that the eating options here now seem to be poor, but maybe for me that impression comes from my having tended to gravitate to the old beer garden as a matter of convenience and food choice for some time.

Early days for it, but hopefully the vendor numbers will expand.

• 2 months later...

Is this still an option. I forgot that the On Nut Beer Garden had closed, and I am meeting a friend for a couple of hours today. She's meeting me at Tesco On Nut. Any ideas about where we could go to have a few beers nearby before going to the airport?

On Soi 81, just after the klong bridge. Just one bar so far and a few of the original beer garden food vendors, but room for more.

500 metres, just over the klong bridge. There are m/c taxis at the end of the soi.

I'm likely missing something, so sorry if I seem deliberately obtuse. But do you mean to say there's a beer garden ~500 meters up Soi Sukhumvit 81 from the BTS On Nut station? You make mention of a "klong bridge", but there isn't a bridge I can see on Soi 81.

I know of the newish Corner 79 area just below the BTS, across Sukhumvit from Tesco, but I don't think that's what you mean.

New to On Nut, so chalk silly questions up to ignorance more than ineptitude. :)

E.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Does anyone know what they are building between Ideo Mobi and Ideo Verve instead of the old On Nut Beer Garden?

I'm thinking of renting a condo in that area later this year.

By the way, sorry for off topic, but can someone tell me how to start a new topic? I'm new here.

Hi there,

Does anyone know what they are building between Ideo Mobi and Ideo Verve instead of the old On Nut Beer Garden?

I'm thinking of renting a condo in that area later this year.

By the way, sorry for off topic, but can someone tell me how to start a new topic? I'm new here.

Military barracks and a prison for political prisoners. Thailand is likely to remain a military dictatorship for a long time to come. Say goodbye to what little freedoms you have left.