Uber in Phuket?

CaptHaddock

No Uber in Thailand, tried but gov regulations seemed to doom them. Declared illegal in Thailand Novemeber 2014

That's really interesting, since I used Uber in Bangkok last night.

People really should get their facts straight so that they don't inadvertently provide misinformation to those who are seeking useful advice.

No Uber in Thailand, tried but gov regulations seemed to doom them. Declared illegal in Thailand Novemeber 2014

People really should get their facts straight so that they don't inadvertently provide misinformation to those who are seeking useful advice.

uber legal in Thailand. Of course Phuket has its own form of " legality". Yea Uber was not allowed to operate on the lsland of corrupt transportation. Along with other things!

Grab Taxi is the alternative.

I guess living in Kata on phuket causes fantasies

I guess I was only recording what was stated in various repected newspapers ...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/09/us-thailand-uber-idUSKBN0JN0PZ20141209

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/09/uber-taxis-ban-spain-thailand

On digging further today I did read a report that Uber had just illegally ignored the Thailand ban

http://tech.thaivisa.com/uber-ignores-thailand-ban/646/

But I guess this only applies to Bangkok, so thanks for clearing up my error.

Edited by LivinginKata

Agree.

Since Uber is still illegal in Thailand and this is the Phuket forum where they are not active, why provide misinformation here?

Agree.

Since Uber is still illegal in Thailand and this is the Phuket forum where they are not active, why provide misinformation here?

illegal in the "State of Phuket" not illegal in Thailand. Your disinformation Edited by kingalfred

As with many of threads on here you just have to hope that the tourists and potential visitors ignore most of what they read

Agree.

illegal in the "State of Phuket" not illegal in Thailand. Your disinformation

Illegal or not, who cares. But sure we don't have it here on HKT! And this was the question.

Use http://www.phuketshuttle.com/ and stay cool and happy.

Edited by schlog