Marriage Non-O visa & don't have 400,000 THB

• Whatever stay you have granted now or in the future can be extended by 60 days at your local immigration office for 1,900 baht and no financial proof.

If you get the above mentioned non 'O' it can be utilised for almost 17 months (with an extension of stay) before needing a new visa, with exits every 90 to 150 days.

• Like 1

OP: Can Thai family give you a short-term loan for whatever amount you are short of?

Cheers.

Good question mate, I would like an answer to this as well. I think??? maybe yes but the money must be lodged in your bank acc. for three months.

OP: Can Thai family give you a short-term loan for whatever amount you are short of?

Cheers.

Good question mate, I would like an answer to this as well. I think??? maybe yes but the money must be lodged in your bank acc. for three months.

Two Months.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Cheers.

Two Months.thumbsup.gif

If you're married and have kids some offices will issue the extension on the basis of being a parent and you only need the 400k in your account on the day you apply. I've done it twice at two different offices. The first was CW.

Simply obtain your VISA NON O in your own country where pending your country of residence, you will not be required to show bank statements

On returning to Thailand leave the country every 90 days

Good Luck

Not work in every country, from the Thai Consulate in Amsterdam the Netherlands:

(translation: You need € 1200 income for proof. Very hard to proof if you're not working in the Netherlands.

-Bent u gehuwd/officieel geregistreerd partnerschap en heeft 1 van de partners geen inkomsten dan dient het maandbedrag 1200,- per maand te zijn.U dient dan een kopie van het trouwboekje/huwelijksakte/officieel geregistreerd partnerschap bij te voegen.

As far as borrowing from a Thai family the law clearly states that the money must come from overseas.

Can you provide a link to the "law" which states money must come from overseas?

I do not believe such a "law" exists .

Not sure about this one. I read somewhere, may be on Thai Visa? That a Thai wife can contribute towards the 400000 baht needed for her foreign husband to get a year visa extension and it`s acceptable that she can support her husband if she is working. But not clear on this?

Cheers.

Borrowing money from a Thai family? Why wouldn't you just slash your wrists instead? Congratulations on your optimism.

As far as borrowing from a Thai family the law clearly states that the money must come from overseas.

Not sure about this one. I read somewhere, may be on Thai Visa? That a Thai wife can contribute towards the 400000 baht needed for her foreign husband to get a year visa extension and it`s acceptable that she can support her husband if she is working. But not clear on this?

http://www.thailandcourt.com/thailand-visas-common-visa-types www.thailandcourt.com/thailand-visas-common-visa-types

Thai Legal System. ... The foreigner-spouse who has a Marriage Visa is allowed to work in Thailand ... letter or pension letter, payslip or bank statements as a proof of your funds. ... We will help you obtain an initial Non-immigrant visa (90 days) before coming to Thailand. ... Your income must come from an overseas source.

http://www.thailandcourt.com/thailand-visas-common-visa-types www.thailandcourt.com/thailand-visas-common-visa-types

Thai Legal System. ... The foreigner-spouse who has a Marriage Visa is allowed to work in Thailand ... letter or pension letter, payslip or bank statements as a proof of your funds. ... We will help you obtain an initial Non-immigrant visa (90 days) before coming to Thailand. ... Your income must come from an overseas source.

That is a link to a Commercial web site that is known to be strewn with errors.

Much better to obtain a multiple-entry "O" visa based on marriage from Savannakhet

No financial proof is currently required.

Penang is another good place to get a one year multiple O and it is (was) easy to do a visa run (by land) to Cambodia every 90 days and be in and out the same day. This is if you do not have (or want to lock-up) the 400K. If you have 400K you don't need to leave the country every 90 days.

In some consulates eg Ho Chi Min and I think KL, you need to have your wife with you and ensure that she has her proof of residence, ID card, home book, etc as well as her passport and the original of your marriage certificate or they will only give you a single entry (90 days) visa. Some like Vientiane will only give you a single entry visa no matter what paperwork you have. Its a lottery, I don't know if you actually need your wife with you at Savannakhet but you will certainly need all the paperwork.

I expect that if you were not married in Thailand you would need a certified translation of your marriage certificate.

Does anyone know if the current same day crackdown on tourist visa's has affected multiple O visa holders and if so how long must you be out of the country before returning. One day, One week, what?

Edited by MiKT

Much better to obtain a multiple-entry "O" visa based on marriage from Savannakhet

No financial proof is currently required.

Penang is another good place to get a one year multiple O and it is (was) easy to do a visa run to Cambodia every 90 days and be in and out the same day.

In some consulates eg Ho Chi Min and I think KL, you need to have your wife with you and ensure that she has her proof of residence, ID card, home book, etc as well as her passport and the original of your marriage certificate or they will only give you a single entry (90 days) visa. Some like Vientiane will only give you a single entry visa no matter what paperwork you have. Its a lottery, I don't know if you actually need your wife with you at Savannakhet but you will certainly need all the paperwork.

I expect that if you were not married in Thailand you would need a certified translation of your marriage certificate.

Does anyone know if the current same day crackdown on tourist visa's has affected multiple O visa holders and if so how long must you be out of the country before returning. One day, One week, what?

There is NO "current crackdown" on those who hold Valid visas and there is no requirement for holders of Valid visas to remain outside the country for longer than it takes to make the turnaround.

Are you really talking about "visa exempt entries " which are not " tourist visas"?

Not true. A few years my wife called the immigration and asked if we can use her salary (over 40k) for this. They said no. The purpose of the visa is to transfer money from abroad to Thailand.. Err.. The foreign husband to support Thai wife, not the other way around.

Not true. A few years my wife called the immigration and asked if we can use her salary (over 40k) for this. They said no. The purpose of the visa is to transfer money from abroad to Thailand.. Err.. The foreign husband to support Thai wife, not the other way around.
The purpose of the visa is not to transfer money from abroad to Thailand. Also, you're talking about income not the 400k in the Thai bank account. Nothing to stop your wife putting her money in your account, as already stated.

OP did not mention where in thailand he is located.

- If he wanted to stay in thailand without doing border runs, the other non-400k optiom is to get an affidavit notarized from your embassy that you earn 40k baht equivalent monthly income. Then notary service price varies from country to country; USA is $50 USD per notary (1500-1650 thb). You still apply for the yearly extension at LOCAL immigration office with all the other extension paperwork; the affidavit is your financial proof instead of 400k.

- If he has some money in any bank (>100k thb equivalent), he can go to penang, malaysia for a multiple non-o visa. Can take the daily int'l train 35 from bangkok one way for appx 1500 baht. Book early to reserve a lower bed.

- the option of going to savannakhet laos for a multiple non-o with no financial proof has already been mentioned.

Since OP seemed not to mind leaving the country on occasion, then the non-o from savannahket or penang are likely his best choices.

Edited by 4evermaat

------------------------------

Not the only way.....if you can show a 40,000 baht monthly income that is also enough to get a marriage extension even without the 400K Baht in a Thai bank.

But as I have never had one ,I am not sure if that needs to be verified by your embassy or not

But to have earned that 40k monthly income you would need to have a valid job and a work permit to show you are working legally in Thailand

And probably they would want to see you were paying taxes in Thailand. on any Thai income earned..

- If he wanted to stay in thailand without doing border runs, the other non-400k optiom is to get an affidavit notarized from your embassy that you earn 40k baht equivalent monthly income. Then notary service price varies from country to country; USA is $50 USD per notary (1500-1650 thb). You still apply for the yearly extension at LOCAL immigration office with all the other extension paperwork; the affidavit is your financial proof instead of 400k.

Did this last week in Krabi. Had to form from Embassy.

And Krabi IO wanted an updated and all pages copied bank book for proof of the money is coming into Thailand.

And Krabi IO wanted an updated and all pages copied bank book for proof of the money is coming into Thailand.

I'm not saying your wrong But I would say you are miss informed. The affidavit of 400k is accepted but they want see what your living on and don't care where it is coming from they want to see movement. Other Immigration offices are requiring the same thing both for marriage and retirement.

I'm not saying your wrong But I would say you are miss informed. The affidavit of 400k is accepted but they want see what your living on and don't care where it is coming from they want to see movement. Other Immigration offices are requiring the same thing both for marriage and retirement.

Local I/O office(s) making up their own rules. The income affidavit stating 40k/65k baht monthly equivalent is supposed to be the accepted alternative to 400k/800k at once in Thai Bank; no Thai bank account is supposed to be required for the income affidavit. I have a friend who is in the process of doing the 400k route. Several others who have done the retirement route have used the affidavit; no problems at Chumphon office. The only recent update to the paperwork stack has been some form from the landlord stating that they are living there.

I now see why people sometimes use visa services from lawyers and such that take care of it the whole process for you. Geeeezzz.

whistling.gif On the original question of going to Savannakhet every year for a multi entry Non O visa based on Marriage.....it is possible that this might work.... but I expect that after two or 3 of these trips in a row Savannakhet might start asking pointed questions about exactly why you kept coming back every year to supposedly get married to the same Thai woman.

They are not stupid, you know.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1