Android box?

tefljames

but need an Android box

Why ?

Almost any type of PC or box if it has a internet connection, you can put the program in yourself..

Loads of how to do this on the internet Google search, just enter you model of 'open box'

I have an android box and its perhaps the best bit of electronic kit I have bought in the last 6 months. Unfortunately the guy I bought it from has left the country and wont be back till March next year. One off cost of 2500 baht and as long as you have an internet connection its all good.

No installation costs, no upgrade costs and access to so much entertainment. I watched all of the rugby world cup games live and have access to most of the latest movies and tv series.

Im not sure but you may find the android boxes in Pantip Plaza. I think I saw some in there a few weeks ago. Failing that check out Lazada on the internet.

Oh and I use the box for all my internet access now. Its plugged into the big screen LCD TV via an HDMI cable. No need for my reading glasses which is also a bonus.

Edited by CMKiwi

go to smartboxdirect.com and get a minix xbh plus and then load the various ape you need on it….kodi…ilike hd…there are dozens others that will completely wean you off the sham and crime of cable tv.

Do not buy a preloaded minix box for 6500 baht…that is daylight robbery.

What's the advantage of a minix xbh plus for 5k baht as opposed to one for 1500 baht?

I have both,

The 1800bht one has a much better remote control.

The Minix remote can't work from the sofa to the tv.

The 2GB RAM (quad core) is the important factor. 1GB limits you.

So don't buy the 1500bht one with 1GB RAM.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Works off a Wifi signal?

Or internet cable.....

I have a Smart TV connected in the LR....But directly behind it in our karaoke room/gym with a wall in between is another big screen that's just sitting there......

This might be a handy addition for the unused TV...?

Works off a Wifi signal?

Or internet cable.....

I have a Smart TV connected in the LR....But directly behind it in our karaoke room/gym with a wall in between is another big screen that's just sitting there......

This might be a handy addition for the unused TV...?

It will work with Wifi but of course the more bandwidth the better.

I use wire because I know it isn't susceptible to interference and my layout allows it.

I have just bought a MINIX neo x8-h plus, it comes with a free minix air mouse for 4950 baht on lazada with free delivery and also pay cash when it arrives, I have read up on this box and looks one of the best around.

I have just bought a MINIX neo x8-h plus, it comes with a free minix air mouse for 4950 baht on lazada with free delivery and also pay cash when it arrives, I have read up on this box and looks one of the best around.

My Minix Neo X7 is a piece of shit.

If anyone wanted to swap a 1800bht box for it, I would be happy to get rid of it.

My Minix Neo X7 is a piece of shit.

If anyone wanted to swap a 1800bht box for it, I would be happy to get rid of it.

My 1st box was the Neo X7 mini which was fine for watching internet TV but when I started to use it with multiple applications it would crash constantly. I then purchased the Neo X8-H Plus and so far nothing has caused it to crash. I moved the X7 to Bedroom.

Linesy, do you rate your X8-H Plus, I have read good reviews and look forward to receiving mine and having a play around.

Put it this way, there is nothing more frustrating than having the box crash, reboot and start over again. The X8-H Plus (don't get the X8-H) has a much improved spec over the previous Minix models 2GB RAM, Chip etc. The WiFi antenna is supposed to be better as well if range is an issue.

As mentioned it has worked flawlessly for 3 months. It also receives Updates which never happened with the Neo X7 Mini. If you want to use an Android Box as more of a computer replacement then yes pay more and go for the X8-H Plus, if you only use it to stream Video the X7 Mini and many of the lower priced units will probably do the job.

Yes I have ordered the X8-H plus, also comes with a free A2 air mouse with keyboard, and yes I will be using it as a computer too as my computer is a bit outdated.

Good call….X8H Plus is the way to go….a lot of other android boxes can't handle Kodi, which I reckon is the single most important app you will load on it.

Be sure to load Kodi 15.2 the latest….then sign up at tvaddons.ag forum and read up…it has all the info on what add ons to put on….how to do it, trouble shooting and so on…basically you just add the tvaddons add-on installer and it will fetch all the cool add ons for you.

Throw on independent movie and tv show android apps like showbox, hd movies, mega box and you're sorted.

I also have the Minix X8-H plus. It doesn't like using 5Ghz wi-fi but otherwise it's great.

I use it with ThaiExpat TV and Expat Premium TV (not free but I found Kodi a ball ache).

Yea Kodi looks complicated but if if you can figure out a smartphone you can figure out Kodi.

Also X8H Plus has a great feature called "Ethernet that behaves like wifi"….there are some apps that only stream stuff with wifi and it tricks them into thinking you're on wifi even though you're on a ethernet connection. Ethernet of course is the preferred way of connecting as its a stronger more stable connection.

I also have the Minix X8-H plus. It doesn't like using 5Ghz wi-fi but otherwise it's great.

I use it with ThaiExpat TV and Expat Premium TV (not free but I found Kodi a ball ache).

Yea Kodi looks complicated but if if you can figure out a smartphone you can figure out Kodi.

Also X8H Plus has a great feature called "Ethernet that behaves like wifi"….there are some apps that only stream stuff with wifi and it tricks them into thinking you're on wifi even though you're on a ethernet connection. Ethernet of course is the preferred way of connecting as its a stronger more stable connection.

It's not just for me, it's for the family too. The systems I have use straightforward menus and everything works all the time and I never have to muck around trying to find channels that work. TETV is 10 days on-demand and the EPTV is a week.

I have Kodi on my PCs and they never get used as the paid for systems are far easier and superior for our needs.

Edited by JaseTheBass